OSR6.0.0 - SCO

This is a discussion on OSR6.0.0 - SCO ; Is there an evaluation single user license for 3.2 OSR6.0.0 that I can download to try it out ? BTW when will they ever change the 3.2 to 3.3 or do they totally forgot about that part ?...

  1. OSR6.0.0

    Is there an evaluation single user license for 3.2 OSR6.0.0 that I can
    download to try it out ? BTW when will they ever change the 3.2 to 3.3 or do
    they totally forgot about that part ?

  2. Re: OSR6.0.0

    "E Arredondo" wrote in message
    news:Lr6Ge.1355$iM7.570@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com ...
    > Is there an evaluation single user license for 3.2 OSR6.0.0 that I can download to try
    > it out ? BTW when will they ever change the 3.2 to 3.3 or do they totally forgot about
    > that part ?

    The installation CD includes an option to install a fully functional 60-day
    evaluation license for the Enterprise version. There is no longer a single-user
    version, however there is a 2-user Starter Edition that's more competitively
    priced. You do need to get a copy of the OSR6 Media kit.

    I don't understand your reference to 3.2 and 3.3.

    Bob

  3. Re: OSR6.0.0

    Bob Bailin wrote:
    > "E Arredondo" wrote
    >
    >> BTW when will they ever change the 3.2 to 3.3 or do they totally forgot about
    >> that part ?

    > I don't understand your reference to 3.2 and 3.3.

    OpenServer 5 used a Unix System five release 3.2 kernel (SVR3.2).

    OpenServer 6 uses a Unix System five release 5 kernel (SVR5).

  4. Re: OSR6.0.0

    Bob Bailin wrote:

    > "E Arredondo" wrote in message
    > news:Lr6Ge.1355$iM7.570@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com ...
    > > BTW when will they ever change the 3.2 to 3.3 or do they totally forgot about
    > > that part ?

    > I don't understand your reference to 3.2 and 3.3.

    OSR5 releases were based on various versions of SCO Unix System V
    Release 3.2. Mr. Arredondo is mistaken about OSR6: it is _not_ "3.2
    OSR6.0.0". OpenServer Release 6.0.0 is based on the underlying Unix
    operating system of SCO UnixWare, which is called System V Release 5.
    If SCO was still using such nomenclature, OSR6's underlying Unix OS
    would identify itself as something like "5v6.0.0". But I think that
    style of version display is obsolete.

    >Bela<

+ Reply to Thread