What's the replacement for __scoinfo under 6.0.0?? - SCO

This is a discussion on What's the replacement for __scoinfo under 6.0.0?? - SCO ; Can't seem to easily get the license info (#) for OSR6. The C include header that has "__scoinfo" seems to be absent. Help? Carl...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What's the replacement for __scoinfo under 6.0.0??

  1. What's the replacement for __scoinfo under 6.0.0??

    Can't seem to easily get the license info (#)
    for OSR6. The C include header that
    has "__scoinfo" seems to be absent.



    Help?



    Carl


  2. Re: What's the replacement for __scoinfo under 6.0.0??

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:59:09 -0500, Carl Eaton
    wrote:

    >Can't seem to easily get the license info (#)
    >for OSR6. The C include header that
    >has "__scoinfo" seems to be absent.
    >
    >
    >
    >Help?
    >
    >
    >
    >Carl



    Clarification: syscall.h is there, but, nothing
    equivalences getting the system s/w serial no (__scoinfo)
    that I see.


    Carl


  3. Re: What's the replacement for __scoinfo under 6.0.0??


    Carl Eaton wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:59:09 -0500, Carl Eaton
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Can't seem to easily get the license info (#)
    > >for OSR6. The C include header that
    > >has "__scoinfo" seems to be absent.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >Help?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >Carl

    >
    >
    > Clarification: syscall.h is there, but, nothing
    > equivalences getting the system s/w serial no (__scoinfo)
    > that I see.


    Carl,

    See:

    http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/man/html.S/sysinfo.S.html

    Note that OpenServer 6 supports 2 ABIs and 2 complilation modes. See:

    http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/SDK_oview/DEVSYS.oview.html

    for further info. So you and use __scoinfo is you use the osr5
    compilation mode.

    Hope that this helps.

    John


  4. Re: What's the replacement for __scoinfo under 6.0.0??

    On 29 Jul 2005 01:06:44 -0700, jboland@sco.com wrote:

    >
    >Carl Eaton wrote:
    >> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:59:09 -0500, Carl Eaton
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Can't seem to easily get the license info (#)
    >> >for OSR6. The C include header that
    >> >has "__scoinfo" seems to be absent.
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >Help?
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >Carl

    >>
    >>
    >> Clarification: syscall.h is there, but, nothing
    >> equivalences getting the system s/w serial no (__scoinfo)
    >> that I see.

    >
    >Carl,
    >
    >See:
    >
    >http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/man/html.S/sysinfo.S.html
    >
    >Note that OpenServer 6 supports 2 ABIs and 2 complilation modes. See:
    >
    >http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/SDK_oview/DEVSYS.oview.html
    >
    >for further info. So you and use __scoinfo is you use the osr5
    >compilation mode.
    >
    >Hope that this helps.
    >
    >John




    I use what came out of the box in 6.0.0.
    "cc myprog.c"

    It is simple enough and who said __scoinfo was 5.x only? It
    was the only method that I knew of in osr anything to get the license
    in a system manner. Obvioulsy proprietary - you
    would think they would keep it on their system throughout.

    I will check the above sites out. Hopefully they
    won't cause too big a headache just to maintain
    backward (continuous) compatability.


    Thanks,

    Carl


  5. Re: What's the replacement for __scoinfo under 6.0.0??

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:55:25 -0500, Carl Eaton
    wrote:

    >On 29 Jul 2005 01:06:44 -0700, jboland@sco.com wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>Carl Eaton wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:59:09 -0500, Carl Eaton
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> >Can't seem to easily get the license info (#)
    >>> >for OSR6. The C include header that
    >>> >has "__scoinfo" seems to be absent.
    >>> >
    >>> >
    >>> >
    >>> >Help?
    >>> >
    >>> >
    >>> >
    >>> >Carl
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Clarification: syscall.h is there, but, nothing
    >>> equivalences getting the system s/w serial no (__scoinfo)
    >>> that I see.

    >>
    >>Carl,
    >>
    >>See:
    >>
    >>http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/man/html.S/sysinfo.S.html
    >>
    >>Note that OpenServer 6 supports 2 ABIs and 2 complilation modes. See:
    >>
    >>http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/SDK_oview/DEVSYS.oview.html
    >>
    >>for further info. So you and use __scoinfo is you use the osr5
    >>compilation mode.
    >>
    >>Hope that this helps.
    >>
    >>John

    >
    >
    >
    >I use what came out of the box in 6.0.0.
    >"cc myprog.c"
    >
    >It is simple enough and who said __scoinfo was 5.x only? It
    >was the only method that I knew of in osr anything to get the license
    >in a system manner. Obvioulsy proprietary - you
    >would think they would keep it on their system throughout.
    >
    >I will check the above sites out. Hopefully they
    >won't cause too big a headache just to maintain
    >backward (continuous) compatability.
    >
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Carl




    Hey. sysinfo(....) worked!

    (SI_HW_SERIAL turned out to be or
    should be SI_SW_SERIAL.)


    Double Thanks.

    Carl


  6. Re: What's the replacement for __scoinfo under 6.0.0??

    Carl,

    First make sure you install the development system as you need the
    development
    system to get all of the libraries and developer tools necessary for
    compliation.

    The try

    cc -Kosr5 myprog.c

    The -Kosr5 selects OpenServer 5 mode.

    John


  7. Re: What's the replacement for __scoinfo under 6.0.0??

    On 29 Jul 2005 07:44:00 -0700, jboland@sco.com wrote:

    >Carl,
    >
    >First make sure you install the development system as you need the
    >development
    >system to get all of the libraries and developer tools necessary for
    >compliation.
    >
    >The try
    >
    >cc -Kosr5 myprog.c
    >
    >The -Kosr5 selects OpenServer 5 mode.
    >
    >John



    The -K command fixed several problems with other programs too.

    Thanks,
    Carl


+ Reply to Thread