Re: System ID missing - SCO

This is a discussion on Re: System ID missing - SCO ; Jean-Pierre Radley wrote: > The License Manager shows OSR 5.0.6 Enterprise as Registered. But why in > the world would it show "not available" in place of the System ID? > Hi, JP. Wow. That is weird. Just winging it ...

  1. Re: System ID missing

    Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:

    > The License Manager shows OSR 5.0.6 Enterprise as Registered. But why in
    > the world would it show "not available" in place of the System ID?

    Hi, JP.

    Wow. That is weird.

    Just winging it here - any possibility the OS was RE-installed in
    upgrade mode for some reason as opposed to fresh? Old windows trick to
    fix OS problems.

    Maybe an old windows person did the re-install?

    What does hostname and uname -X return? Does the name returned from
    hostname match the name from uname -X?

    Perhaps the area where the SN is stored is throwing hard disk errors?
    Anything interesting in syslog or the /etc/rc2.d startup logs?

    SCO Authorized Partner
    (209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
    E-mail: patubb@inreach.com

  2. Re: System ID missing

    Pat Welch typed (on Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 06:05:16PM -0700):
    | Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    |
    | >The License Manager shows OSR 5.0.6 Enterprise as Registered. But why in
    | >the world would it show "not available" in place of the System ID?
    |
    | Wow. That is weird.
    |
    | Just winging it here - any possibility the OS was RE-installed in
    | upgrade mode for some reason as opposed to fresh? Old windows trick to
    | fix OS problems.

    No, and in fact the customer is missing his CD and his license.

    | Maybe an old windows person did the re-install?
    |
    | What does hostname and uname -X return? Does the name returned from
    | hostname match the name from uname -X?

    I can't get to the site for a while, and they have no outside
    connectivity.

    | Perhaps the area where the SN is stored is throwing hard disk errors?
    | Anything interesting in syslog or the /etc/rc2.d startup logs?

    Don't know about those logs, but the system is frequently panicing with a
    trap E.

    --
    JP

+ Reply to Thread