/etc/tcp file is blank, how to recreate it ? - SCO

This is a discussion on /etc/tcp file is blank, how to recreate it ? - SCO ; Is there a way of generating the tcp file located at /etc/tcp (link). ? Right now is blank on a new system where I'm setting up the internet with a DSL modem....

  1. /etc/tcp file is blank, how to recreate it ?

    Is there a way of generating the tcp file located at /etc/tcp (link). ?
    Right now is blank on a new system where I'm setting up the internet
    with a DSL modem.

  2. Re: /etc/tcp file is blank, how to recreate it ?

    henry@vegena.net wrote:
    > Is there a way of generating the tcp file located at /etc/tcp (link). ?
    > Right now is blank on a new system where I'm setting up the internet
    > with a DSL modem.

    That's a symlink pointing at /var/opt/K/SCO/tcp/2.1.1Ga/etc/tcp (exact
    path may vary on older systems)

    --
    Tony Lawrence
    Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com

  3. Re: /etc/tcp file is blank, how to recreate it ?

    Tony Lawrence typed (on Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 02:28:54PM -0400):
    | henry@vegena.net wrote:
    | >Is there a way of generating the tcp file located at /etc/tcp (link). ?
    | >Right now is blank on a new system where I'm setting up the internet
    | >with a DSL modem.
    | >

    | That's a symlink pointing at /var/opt/K/SCO/tcp/2.1.1Ga/etc/tcp (exact
    | path may vary on older systems)

    /etc/rc2.d/S85tcp should be the same symlink as /etc/tcp.

    --
    JP

  4. Re: /etc/tcp file is blank, how to recreate it ?

    Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > Tony Lawrence typed (on Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 02:28:54PM -0400):
    > | henry@vegena.net wrote:
    > | >Is there a way of generating the tcp file located at /etc/tcp (link). ?
    > | >Right now is blank on a new system where I'm setting up the internet
    > | >with a DSL modem.
    > | >

    > | That's a symlink pointing at /var/opt/K/SCO/tcp/2.1.1Ga/etc/tcp (exact
    > | path may vary on older systems)
    >
    > /etc/rc2.d/S85tcp should be the same symlink as /etc/tcp.

    Sure. And if the problem is just the link, then custom could fix it.

    --
    Tony Lawrence
    Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com

+ Reply to Thread