Problem with rcp - SCO

This is a discussion on Problem with rcp - SCO ; Help! I need to execute an rcp command on a Redhat linux server to get files from a SCO 5.0.6 box. I added the linux box to /etc/hosts and to /etc/hosts.equiv. When I execure the command, I get a permission ...

  1. Problem with rcp

    Help!

    I need to execute an rcp command on a Redhat linux server to get files from
    a SCO 5.0.6 box. I added the linux box to /etc/hosts and to
    /etc/hosts.equiv. When I execure the command, I get a permission denied.
    Any ideas about what I am doing wrong?
    Here is the command and output...

    [root@cpld ~]# rcp -pr mysco:/jd /test
    connect to address 172.20.128.254: Connection refused
    Trying krb4 rcp...
    connect to address 172.20.128.254: Connection refused
    trying normal rcp (/usr/bin/rcp)
    Permission denied.

    Thanks!!
    Joe

  2. Re: Problem with rcp

    I figured it out... Stupid mistake. I needed to use /.rhosts, not
    /etc/hosts.equiv for root transfers.

    Joe

    "root" wrote in message
    news:lSMDe.542643$JR4.43749@fe02.news.easynews.com ...
    > Help!
    >
    > I need to execute an rcp command on a Redhat linux server to get files
    > from a SCO 5.0.6 box. I added the linux box to /etc/hosts and to
    > /etc/hosts.equiv. When I execure the command, I get a permission denied.
    > Any ideas about what I am doing wrong?
    > Here is the command and output...
    >

    > [root@cpld ~]# rcp -pr mysco:/jd /test
    > connect to address 172.20.128.254: Connection refused
    > Trying krb4 rcp...
    > connect to address 172.20.128.254: Connection refused
    > trying normal rcp (/usr/bin/rcp)
    > Permission denied.
    >

    > Thanks!!
    > Joe