Open Server 6.0 console - SCO

This is a discussion on Open Server 6.0 console - SCO ; The console of Open Server 6, in character mode, comes up as "at386-ie". The man page ("man screen"), however, continues to explain the behavior of the "scoansi" console. Is there new documentation somewhere that explains the escape sequences of the ...

  1. Open Server 6.0 console

    The console of Open Server 6, in character mode, comes up as "at386-ie".
    The man page ("man screen"), however, continues to explain the behavior of
    the "scoansi" console. Is there new documentation somewhere that explains
    the escape sequences of the at386-ie?

    Regards,
    .....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
    company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
    fax: (US) 503-624-0760
    web: http://www.anzio.com

  2. Re: Open Server 6.0 console

    Bob Rasmussen wrote:
    > The console of Open Server 6, in character mode, comes up as "at386-ie".
    > The man page ("man screen"), however, continues to explain the behavior of
    > the "scoansi" console. Is there new documentation somewhere that explains
    > the escape sequences of the at386-ie?

    This came up in a SCO Partner Briefing on OSR6. I recall it being said
    that AT386-IE is a variant of ANSI. No other details supplied (except
    don't try to change TERM on the console).

    If all else fails, I'd have a look at /etc/termcap's definition of AT386.

    You can also get a list of escape sequences from terminfo:
    infocmp -1 -L AT386

    And of course you can use infocmp to compare scosansi with AT386.

  3. Re: Open Server 6.0 console

    Bob Rasmussen wrote:

    > The console of Open Server 6, in character mode, comes up as "at386-ie".
    > The man page ("man screen"), however, continues to explain the behavior of
    > the "scoansi" console. Is there new documentation somewhere that explains
    > the escape sequences of the at386-ie?
    >
    > Regards,
    > ....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.
    >
    > personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
    > company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
    > voice: (US) 503-624-0360 (9:00-6:00 Pacific Time)
    > fax: (US) 503-624-0760
    > web: http://www.anzio.com

    Hi, Bob.

    Remember OS6 comes from UW7 roots. Try man screen on a 7.1.4 site and
    decompile terminfo for at386-ie there.

    SCO Authorized Partner
    (209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
    E-mail: patubb@inreach.com

  4. Re: Open Server 6.0 console

    Bob,

    The SVR5 console driver is the driver used in OpenServer 6. This driver
    is not the same as the driver in OpenServer 5. Every effort has been
    made to ensure that well behaved OpenServer 5 applications work on the
    OpenServer 6 console.

    The screen(HW) man page contains out of date information. This
    "documentation bug" has been reported to SCO Engineering. If you need
    details on the at386-ie escape sequences please see:

    http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/man/html.7/display.7.html

    Let me know if this helps.

    Regards,

    John