Control-d key sequence ignored when booting 5.0.7 - SCO

This is a discussion on Control-d key sequence ignored when booting 5.0.7 - SCO ; When booting SCO 5.0.7 and the process reaches the following prompt. Type CONTROL-d to proceed with normal startup, (or give root password for system maintenance): The key sequence control-d is ignored. I have swapped keyboards and the problem still exists. ...

  1. Control-d key sequence ignored when booting 5.0.7

    When booting SCO 5.0.7 and the process reaches the following prompt.

    Type CONTROL-d to proceed with normal startup,
    (or give root password for system maintenance):

    The key sequence control-d is ignored. I have swapped keyboards and the
    problem still exists. It used to work but has stopped after installing
    an updated EFS from HP. The server is a HP dl380/g4. The EFS currently
    installed is 5.64a. Have tried 5.66a and 5.68a. You can key in the
    password for root and go into system maintenance mode. Control-d will
    work here to exit maintenance mode. If I let the system boot into
    multi-user mode the control-d key sequence works here as well.

    Has anyone any idea as to what is causing this?

  2. Re: Control-d key sequence ignored when booting 5.0.7

    Craig Green wrote:
    > When booting SCO 5.0.7 and the process reaches the following prompt.
    >
    > Type CONTROL-d to proceed with normal startup,
    > (or give root password for system maintenance):
    >
    > The key sequence control-d is ignored. I have swapped keyboards and the
    > problem still exists. It used to work but has stopped after installing
    > an updated EFS from HP. The server is a HP dl380/g4. The EFS currently
    > installed is 5.64a. Have tried 5.66a and 5.68a. You can key in the
    > password for root and go into system maintenance mode. Control-d will
    > work here to exit maintenance mode. If I let the system boot into
    > multi-user mode the control-d key sequence works here as well.
    >
    > Has anyone any idea as to what is causing this?

    Probably ioctl.syscom

    See http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_sco...tl_syscon.html

    --
    Tony Lawrence
    Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com

  3. Re: Control-d key sequence ignored when booting 5.0.7

    Tony Lawrence wrote:
    > Craig Green wrote:
    >
    >> When booting SCO 5.0.7 and the process reaches the following prompt.
    >>
    >> Type CONTROL-d to proceed with normal startup,
    >> (or give root password for system maintenance):
    >>
    >> The key sequence control-d is ignored. I have swapped keyboards and
    >> the problem still exists. It used to work but has stopped after
    >> installing an updated EFS from HP. The server is a HP dl380/g4. The
    >> EFS currently installed is 5.64a. Have tried 5.66a and 5.68a. You can
    >> key in the password for root and go into system maintenance mode.
    >> Control-d will work here to exit maintenance mode. If I let the system
    >> boot into multi-user mode the control-d key sequence works here as well.
    >>
    >> Has anyone any idea as to what is causing this?

    > Probably ioctl.syscom
    >
    > See http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_sco...tl_syscon.html

    Thank you for the response. I have checked out the link. I will
    arrange to test the fix over the weekend.

  4. Re: Control-d key sequence ignored when booting 5.0.7

    "Craig Green" wrote in message
    > Tony Lawrence wrote:
    >> Craig Green wrote:
    >>
    >>> When booting SCO 5.0.7 and the process reaches the following prompt.
    >>>
    >>> Type CONTROL-d to proceed with normal startup,
    >>> (or give root password for system maintenance):
    >>>
    >>> The key sequence control-d is ignored. I have swapped keyboards and the
    >>> problem still exists. It used to work but has stopped after installing
    >>> an updated EFS from HP. The server is a HP dl380/g4. The EFS currently
    >>> installed is 5.64a. Have tried 5.66a and 5.68a. You can key in the
    >>> password for root and go into system maintenance mode. Control-d will
    >>> work here to exit maintenance mode. If I let the system boot into
    >>> multi-user mode the control-d key sequence works here as well.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone any idea as to what is causing this?

    >> Probably ioctl.syscom
    >>
    >> See http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_sco...tl_syscon.html
    >>

    > Thank you for the response. I have checked out the link. I will arrange
    > to test the fix over the weekend.

    I had the problem on 5.0.6 as you described it. The removal of the file did
    the trick.

    Ron

+ Reply to Thread