PCI card works in PCI express slot? - SCO

This is a discussion on PCI card works in PCI express slot? - SCO ; I have a PCI SCSI HBA. Will it fit?/work? in a PCI express slot. If not, is there an adapter that can be used? Thanks, -Ray...

  1. PCI card works in PCI express slot?

    I have a PCI SCSI HBA. Will it fit?/work? in a PCI express slot. If not, is there an adapter that can be used?
    Thanks,
    -Ray

  2. Re: PCI card works in PCI express slot?

    Not even close - the cards use a physically different edge connecter.
    SCO Authorized Partner
    Microlite BackupEdge Certified Reseller
    (209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
    E-mail: patubb@inreach.com

  3. Re: PCI card works in PCI express slot?

    hey all pci-express cards(v1.0 and v2.0) will work in any pci-express bus slot,thats x16 and x8 slots(both v1.0 and v2.0) however in the case of a x8 pci-express slot you need to be aware that any card used in that slot will revert to the x8 speed and that includes v2.0 cards aswell as the v1.0 cards

+ Reply to Thread