On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, Bill Campbell wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 04, 2008, Bob Rasmussen wrote:
> >Yes, there are various ways to fix the problem. But I still contend that
> >there IS a problem in the software as it is delivered.

> Possibly, but the problem is trivially fixed with two lines in the
> /etc/profile file which works for pretty much any non-csh derived shell.
> This is far safer than depending on the people who build software do to the
> right thing (whatever that is).

It's a curious attitude to say the OS provider shouldn't make their
software work with the default installation, because we experts know how
to fix it. You wouldn't let Microsoft get away with saying that.

In any case, as JP discovered, the problem was fixed with MP3 for OS6.

Regards,
.....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
fax: (US) 503-624-0760
web: http://www.anzio.com
street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
Portland, OR 97223 USA