Function Keys remapped - Help!! - SCO

This is a discussion on Function Keys remapped - Help!! - SCO ; Hi everyone! Is there a command for 5.0.4 that would remap the function keys? e.g. F2 is now F10 on the keyboard. However, the virtual terminals work fine! SCO is on a HP Desktop PC w/P4 3.0GHz (Prescott). Any help ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Function Keys remapped - Help!!

  1. Function Keys remapped - Help!!

    Hi everyone! Is there a command for 5.0.4 that would remap the
    function keys? e.g. F2 is now F10 on the keyboard. However, the
    virtual terminals work fine! SCO is on a HP Desktop PC w/P4 3.0GHz
    (Prescott). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!


  2. Re: Function Keys remapped - Help!!

    er typed (on Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 11:11:27AM -0800):
    | Hi everyone! Is there a command for 5.0.4 that would remap the
    | function keys? e.g. F2 is now F10 on the keyboard. However, the
    | virtual terminals work fine! SCO is on a HP Desktop PC w/P4 3.0GHz
    | (Prescott). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

    What exactly do you mean when you say "F2 is now F10 on the keyboard?"
    If you hit the F2 and the F10 keys, what is shown?

    --
    JP

  3. Re: Function Keys remapped - Help!!

    On Nov 3, 3:04*pm, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > er typed (on Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 11:11:27AM -0800):
    > | Hi everyone! *Is there a command for 5.0.4 that would remap the
    > | function keys? *e.g. F2 is now F10 on the keyboard. *However, *the
    > | virtual terminals work fine! *SCO is on a HP Desktop PC w/P4 3.0GHz
    > | (Prescott). *Any help is appreciated. *Thanks!
    >
    > What exactly do you mean when you say "F2 is now F10 on the keyboard?"
    > If you hit the F2 and the F10 keys, what is shown?
    >
    > --
    > JP


    Hi! We're running an application that uses the F2 key frequently. We
    moved the application on another computer - the HP Desktop PC with the
    Pentium-4 CPU. Now the application uses the F10 key now, not the F2
    key. Is there a way to remap the Function keys so that it works the
    way it was supposed to on the older computer we had the application
    running on?

    Ed

  4. Re: Function Keys remapped - Help!!

    On Mon, Nov 03, 2008, er wrote:
    >On Nov 3, 3:04*pm, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    >> er typed (on Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 11:11:27AM -0800):
    >> | Hi everyone! *Is there a command for 5.0.4 that would remap the
    >> | function keys? *e.g. F2 is now F10 on the keyboard. *However, *the
    >> | virtual terminals work fine! *SCO is on a HP Desktop PC w/P4 3.0GHz
    >> | (Prescott). *Any help is appreciated. *Thanks!
    >>
    >> What exactly do you mean when you say "F2 is now F10 on the keyboard?"
    >> If you hit the F2 and the F10 keys, what is shown?

    >
    >Hi! We're running an application that uses the F2 key frequently. We
    >moved the application on another computer - the HP Desktop PC with the
    >Pentium-4 CPU. Now the application uses the F10 key now, not the F2
    >key. Is there a way to remap the Function keys so that it works the
    >way it was supposed to on the older computer we had the application
    >running on?


    What key code are the F2 and F10 keys sending?

    Open a file with the vi editor, say ``vi /tmp/keys'', then get the key
    mappings by entering something like ``F2={ctrl-v}F2'' and ``F10={ctrl-
    v}F10''. The ctrl-v is control-V and tells vi to accept the next character
    literally, not as a command. You should see something like this where ^[
    is the ESC character. These are from an xterm logged into a Linux bos.
    The SCO keys are likely to be different (I had to do some tweaking on my OS
    X desktop to get the F10 key to show :-).

    F2=^[[12~
    F10=^[[21~

    Is it possible that the old /etc/termcap file had been modified or the
    application has its own termcap file?

    Bill
    --
    INTERNET: bill@celestial.com Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
    URL: http://www.celestial.com/ PO Box 820; 6641 E. Mercer Way
    Voice: (206) 236-1676 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820
    Fax: (206) 232-9186

    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion,
    butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance
    accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
    orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch
    manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die
    gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert Heinlein

  5. Re: Function Keys remapped - Help!!

    er typed (on Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 12:21:17PM -0800):
    | On Nov 3, 3:04*pm, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    | > er typed (on Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 11:11:27AM -0800):
    | > | Hi everyone! *Is there a command for 5.0.4 that would remap the
    | > | function keys? *e.g. F2 is now F10 on the keyboard. *However, *the
    | > | virtual terminals work fine! *SCO is on a HP Desktop PC w/P4 3.0GHz
    | > | (Prescott). *Any help is appreciated. *Thanks!
    | >
    | > What exactly do you mean when you say "F2 is now F10 on the keyboard?"
    | > If you hit the F2 and the F10 keys, what is shown?
    | >
    | > --
    | > JP
    |
    | Hi! We're running an application that uses the F2 key frequently. We
    | moved the application on another computer - the HP Desktop PC with the
    | Pentium-4 CPU. Now the application uses the F10 key now, not the F2
    | key. Is there a way to remap the Function keys so that it works the
    | way it was supposed to on the older computer we had the application
    | running on?


    Why did the appliocation change which F-Key it wants to use?
    Why didn't you answer my second question?

    The fact that you';re running an HP amchine, and that it has a Pentium,
    is quite irrelevant. Are you saying that you were running OSR 5.0.4
    before on a different machine, and you're still running OSR 5.0.4 on a
    new machine?

    --
    JP

  6. Re: Function Keys remapped - Help!!

    On 3 Nov, 20:11, er wrote:
    > Hi everyone! *Is there a command for 5.0.4 that would remap the
    > function keys? *e.g. F2 is now F10 on the keyboard. *However, *the
    > virtual terminals work fine! *SCO is on a HP Desktop PC w/P4 3.0GHz
    > (Prescott). *Any help is appreciated. *Thanks!


    If you are using the console the you can use mapkey to
    map keys. See:

    http://osr507doc.sco.com/en/man/html.M/mapkey.M.html

    John

+ Reply to Thread