OpenServer 5.0.7 and VIA ethernet chipsets? - SCO

This is a discussion on OpenServer 5.0.7 and VIA ethernet chipsets? - SCO ; Hello, I am trying to peice together a system for a customer that I will replace at an other time. I have to be out of town for a week. Does anyone know if/where I can find drivers for the ...

  1. OpenServer 5.0.7 and VIA ethernet chipsets?

    Hello,

    I am trying to peice together a system for a customer that I will
    replace at an other time. I have to be out of town for a week.
    Does anyone know if/where I can find drivers for the VIA cards?

    Thanks,

    --
    Boyd Gerber

  2. Re: OpenServer 5.0.7 and VIA ethernet chipsets?

    Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to peice together a system for a customer that I will
    > replace at an other time. I have to be out of town for a week. Does
    > anyone know if/where I can find drivers for the VIA cards?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --
    > Boyd Gerber
    > ZENEZ 1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah 84047

    I don't see any, except for various Linux flavors.

    Depending on which VIA chipset you need drivers for, you can try to
    compile your own from one of the sources I found here:

    http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx...=25&CatID=2590

    Or try using one of the Intel pro drivers - many chip makers try to
    emulate Pro 100's, and sometimes one of the SCO Eexx drivers work well
    enough for gov'mnt work, other times not so well.

    SCO Authorized Partner
    Microlite BackupEdge Certified Reseller
    (209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
    E-mail: patubb@inreach.com