Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)? - SCO

This is a discussion on Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)? - SCO ; Hi, how can i check which version of nfs is UW running. Most of the NAS now use V3. Is V3 also supporting version 2? Thanks a lot! Cheers Peter Für direkte email rot13 cebBETN-Yrvzra@jro.qr oder entferne ".without-this" aus der ...

  1. Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)?

    Hi,
    how can i check which version of nfs is UW running.
    Most of the NAS now use V3. Is V3 also supporting version 2?
    Thanks a lot!
    Cheers
    Peter
    Für direkte email rot13 cebBETN-Yrvzra@jro.qr
    oder entferne ".without-this" aus der Email-To. Danke!

  2. Re: Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)?

    On 15 Sep, 20:28, Peter Michel
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > how can i check which version of nfs is UW running.
    > Most of the NAS now use V3. Is V3 also supporting *version 2?
    > Thanks a lot!
    > Cheers
    > Peter
    > Für direkte email rot13 cebBETN-Yrv...@jro.qr
    > oder entferne ".without-this" aus der Email-To. Danke!

    UnixWare 7.1.4 have NFS V3.

    JOhn

  3. Re: Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)?

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 03:54:05 -0700 (PDT), bonixsas@gmail.com wrote:

    >UnixWare 7.1.4 have NFS V3.
    >
    >JOhn

    Thanks a lot John! Do you know which version of NFS is UW2.1.3
    driving?
    Cheers
    Peter
    Für direkte email rot13 cebBETN-Yrvzra@jro.qr
    oder entferne ".without-this" aus der Email-To. Danke!

  4. Re: Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)?

    On 17 Sep, 13:26, Peter Michel
    wrote:
    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 03:54:05 -0700 (PDT), bonix...@gmail.com wrote:
    > >UnixWare 7.1.4 have NFS V3.

    > >JOhn

    > Thanks a lot John! Do you know which version of NFS is UW2.1.3
    > driving?

    Peter,

    UnixWare 2.1.3 is VERY old (12+ years) and no longer supported.
    If I remember correctly it used NFS V2.

    SCO do offer trade-ins to UnixWare 7.1.4 for customers running
    UnixWare 2.1.3.

    John

  5. Re: Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)?

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 00:22:55 -0700 (PDT), bonixsas@gmail.com wrote:

    >> >UnixWare 7.1.4 have NFS V3.

    >UnixWare 2.1.3 is VERY old (12+ years) and no longer supported.
    >If I remember correctly it used NFS V2.
    >SCO do offer trade-ins to UnixWare 7.1.4 for customers running
    >UnixWare 2.1.3.

    Hi John,
    yes i know this - it's OLD but very stable !!!
    It runs since 1986 (UW1->UW2->UW213) without any problems and only a
    few patches and Y2Ks.
    Now we want to connect a SAN via Ethernet to use it by NAS and ftp,
    therefor my questions.
    Thank's John
    Peter

    Für direkte email rot13 cebBETN-Yrvzra@jro.qr
    oder entferne ".without-this" aus der Email-To. Danke!

  6. Re: Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)?

    Peter Michel schrieb:
    > yes i know this - it's OLD but very stable !!!
    > It runs since 1986 (UW1->UW2->UW213) without any problems and only a
    > few patches and Y2Ks.

    AFAIK first release of UnixWare was in early 1993?

    Andreas

  7. Re: Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)?

    On Sep 19, 11:09*am, Andreas Kohl wrote:
    > Peter Michel schrieb:> yes i know this - it's OLD but very stable !!!
    > > It runs since 1986 (UW1->UW2->UW213) without any problems and only a
    > > few patches and Y2Ks.

    > AFAIK first release of UnixWare was in early 1993?
    >
    > Andreas

    Naaw.

    Just look at some copyrights..

    --
    Tony Lawrence
    http://aplawrence.com

  8. Re: Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)?

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 20:28:14 +0200, Peter Michel
    >Hi,
    >how can i check which version of nfs is UW running.
    >Most of the NAS now use V3. Is V3 also supporting version 2?

    Hi!
    I just must come back to my old question, because i didn't get an
    answer until now and i think, there must be people in the field who
    do know that! Doesn't they?
    Make it a little preciser:
    If i have a client using NFS v2 (like UW213) und have in the net a NAS
    which will run NFS v3: will this work for nfs-mounting in r/w-mode?
    Thanks
    Peter
    Für direkte email rot13 cebBETN-Yrvzra@jro.qr
    oder entferne ".without-this" aus der Email-To. Danke!

  9. Re: Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)?

    Peter Michel wrote:
    > On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 20:28:14 +0200, Peter Michel
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>how can i check which version of nfs is UW running.
    >>Most of the NAS now use V3. Is V3 also supporting version 2?

    > Hi!
    > I just must come back to my old question, because i didn't get an
    > answer until now and i think, there must be people in the field who
    > do know that! Doesn't they?
    > Make it a little preciser:
    > If i have a client using NFS v2 (like UW213) und have in the net a NAS
    > which will run NFS v3: will this work for nfs-mounting in r/w-mode?
    > Thanks
    > Peter
    > Für direkte email rot13 cebBETN-Yrvzra@jro.qr
    > oder entferne ".without-this" aus der Email-To. Danke!

    On your UW box, type
    rpcinfo -p | grep nfs

    The result should contain something like

    100003 2 udp nfs
    100003 3 udp nfs
    100003 2 tcp nfs
    100003 3 tcp nfs

    or a subset thereof. The fields in the lines
    denote
    (1) the RPC program number for NFS (it is always this well defined
    value)
    (2) the RPC version number (corresponds to the NFS proctcol version
    number)
    (3) the network protocol
    (4) the service name (nfs in this case).

    Helge

    --
    Helge Blischke
    Softwareentwicklung

    H.Blischke@acm.org

  10. Re: Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)?

    >> I just must come back to my old question, because i didn't get an
    >> answer until now and i think, there must be people in the field who
    >> do know that! Doesn't they?
    >> Make it a little preciser:
    >> If i have a client using NFS v2 (like UW213) und have in the net a NAS
    >> which will run NFS v3: will this work for nfs-mounting in r/w-mode?

    >On your UW box, type
    >rpcinfo -p | grep nfs
    >
    >The result should contain something like
    >
    >100003 2 udp nfs
    >100003 3 udp nfs
    >100003 2 tcp nfs
    >100003 3 tcp nfs

    Thanks Helge!
    I only see the "100003 2 udp nfs" on my system, so i have NFS v2,
    alright?
    Now, i think that a V2 _and_ a V3 NFS have to run, if i want to
    connect a server via NFS v2 and NFS v3 by different clients. Is this
    correct?
    So i have to check whether both are running on the NAS.
    Cheers
    Peter
    Für direkte email rot13 cebBETN-Yrvzra@jro.qr
    oder entferne ".without-this" aus der Email-To. Danke!

  11. Re: Which version of nfs is UW using (v2/v3)?

    Peter Michel wrote:
    >>>I just must come back to my old question, because i didn't get an
    >>>answer until now and i think, there must be people in the field who
    >>>do know that! Doesn't they?
    >>>Make it a little preciser:
    >>>If i have a client using NFS v2 (like UW213) und have in the net a NAS
    >>>which will run NFS v3: will this work for nfs-mounting in r/w-mode?

    >>On your UW box, type
    >>rpcinfo -p | grep nfs
    >>
    >>The result should contain something like
    >>
    >>100003 2 udp nfs
    >>100003 3 udp nfs
    >>100003 2 tcp nfs
    >>100003 3 tcp nfs

    > Thanks Helge!
    > I only see the "100003 2 udp nfs" on my system, so i have NFS v2,
    > alright?
    > Now, i think that a V2 _and_ a V3 NFS have to run, if i want to
    > connect a server via NFS v2 and NFS v3 by different clients. Is this
    > correct?
    > So i have to check whether both are running on the NAS.
    > Cheers
    > Peter
    > Für direkte email rot13 cebBETN-Yrvzra@jro.qr
    > oder entferne ".without-this" aus der Email-To. Danke!

    Well, all NFS implementation I know of support all the
    lower protocol version as well. Thus, the box you want to
    connenct to *must* support NFS v2.

    Helge

    --
    Helge Blischke