SSH and VPN possible? - SCO

This is a discussion on SSH and VPN possible? - SCO ; Office setup: SCO OSR 5.0.6 VPN router Samba file & print server OpenSSH Server Home setup: winXP VPN router Anzio terminal emulator Traveling laptop setup: winXP Wireless ISP connection puTTy SSH client I can access my office computer from home ...

  1. SSH and VPN possible?

    Office setup:
    SCO OSR 5.0.6
    VPN router
    Samba file & print server
    OpenSSH Server

    Home setup:
    winXP
    VPN router
    Anzio terminal emulator

    Traveling laptop setup:
    winXP
    Wireless ISP connection
    puTTy SSH client

    I can access my office computer from home by setting up a VPN
    connection between the two VPN routers and doing a telnet login. In
    addition, I can mount the office files (samba shares) as drives on the
    home computer and can print to the samba office printer shares.

    Traveling with the laptop, using the wireless ISP connection, I can
    log in to the office via the SSH client but can't access the Samba
    shares.

    Is there a way, using SSH, that I can construct a VPN tunnel between
    my laptop and the office so as to be able to mount samba file and
    printer shares on my laptop?

    Thanks,
    --Ray

  2. Re: SSH and VPN possible?

    On 25 Aug, 16:38, pet7447i...@sbcglobal.net (RWP) wrote:
    > Office setup:
    > SCO OSR 5.0.6
    > VPN router
    > Samba file & print server
    > OpenSSH Server
    >
    > Home setup:
    > winXP
    > VPN router
    > Anzio terminal emulator
    >
    > Traveling laptop setup:
    > winXP
    > Wireless ISP connection
    > puTTy SSH client
    >
    > I can access my office computer from home by setting up a VPN
    > connection between the two VPN routers and doing a telnet login. In
    > addition, I can mount the office files (samba shares) as drives on the
    > home computer and can print to the samba office printer shares.
    >
    > Traveling with the laptop, using the wireless ISP connection, I can
    > log in to the office via the SSH client but can't access the Samba
    > shares.
    >
    > Is there a way, using SSH, that I can construct a VPN tunnel between
    > my laptop and the office so as to be able to mount samba file and
    > printer shares on my laptop?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --Ray

    Ray,