visionfs access a WinNT share from SCO 5.0.6 - SCO

This is a discussion on visionfs access a WinNT share from SCO 5.0.6 - SCO ; I have tried variations of the "visionfs client" command until I'm almost blue. I have a share setup on a Maxtor terabyte NAS storage. It uses Win networking for access, so i would like to get the SCO to be ...

  1. visionfs access a WinNT share from SCO 5.0.6

    I have tried variations of the "visionfs client" command until I'm
    almost blue.

    I have a share setup on a Maxtor terabyte NAS storage. It uses Win
    networking for access, so i would like to get the SCO to be an
    authenticate client to the share.

    Does anyone know step-by-steo how to get this too work?

    Thanks,
    Bob

  2. Re: visionfs access a WinNT share from SCO 5.0.6

    On 23 Aug, 09:29, Bob Meyers wrote:
    > I have tried variations of the "visionfs client" command until I'm
    > almost blue.

    Bob,

    An understand of what you have tried and how it has failed
    might help in understand what the issue is.

    > I have a share setup on a Maxtor terabyte NAS storage. It uses Win
    > networking for access, so i would like to get the SCO to be an
    > authenticate client to the share.
    >
    > Does anyone know step-by-steo how to get this too work?

    VisionFS (and OpenServer 5.0.6) are legacy products that
    SCO no longer supports. While it may be possible to
    access the NAS (if the Win networking you mention above
    is not "too modern") I would suggest that you consider
    upgrading your server to OpenServer 6, which is supported
    and includes Samba 3.

    John

  3. Re: visionfs access a WinNT share from SCO 5.0.6