network printing to HP 3600n from SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 - SCO

This is a discussion on network printing to HP 3600n from SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 - SCO ; I have a client with an old SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 system that replaced a dead serial HP printer with a network printer. I can ping the printer, but I've used the HP Print Manager to configure it as well as ...

  1. network printing to HP 3600n from SCO OpenServer 5.0.6

    I have a client with an old SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 system that replaced a dead
    serial HP printer with a network printer. I can ping the printer, but I've
    used the HP Print Manager to configure it as well as to send test text to it
    and nothing comes out of the printer. If anybody can point me to info on
    getting SCO 5.0.6 to printer to this printer via TCP/IP I'd be VERY
    grateful!
    Thanks!

  2. Re: network printing to HP 3600n from SCO OpenServer 5.0.6

    On Aug 18, 3:47*pm, "Michael Sweeden"
    wrote:
    > I have a client with an old SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 system that replaced a dead
    > serial HP printer with a network printer. I can ping the printer, but I've
    > used the HP Print Manager to configure it as well as to send test text toit
    > and nothing comes out of the printer. If anybody can point me to info on
    > getting SCO 5.0.6 to printer to this printer via TCP/IP I'd be VERY
    > grateful!
    > Thanks!

    Use netcat

    http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec7getnetcat.html

  3. Re: network printing to HP 3600n from SCO OpenServer 5.0.6