SCO OSR and Tightvnc - SCO

This is a discussion on SCO OSR and Tightvnc - SCO ; I can make a connection from my home laptop (winXP, Tightvnc client) to my office SCO OSR 5.0.6 desktop (Tightvnc server) and run Xbased programs, but when I click the UNIX icon to run a character based program, I don't ...

  1. SCO OSR and Tightvnc

    I can make a connection from my home laptop (winXP, Tightvnc client)
    to my office SCO OSR 5.0.6 desktop (Tightvnc server) and run Xbased
    programs, but when I click the UNIX icon to run a character based
    program, I don't get a character based window - nothing happens.

    Is it possible to get a character terminal with Tightvnc instead of
    the Xbased desktop?

    --Ray Petkus

  2. Re: SCO OSR and Tightvnc

    On Mon, Aug 18, 2008, RWP wrote:
    >I can make a connection from my home laptop (winXP, Tightvnc client)
    >to my office SCO OSR 5.0.6 desktop (Tightvnc server) and run Xbased
    >programs, but when I click the UNIX icon to run a character based
    >program, I don't get a character based window - nothing happens.
    >
    >Is it possible to get a character terminal with Tightvnc instead of
    >the Xbased desktop?

    A straignt ssh connection using putty, anzio, etc.?

    I think you should be able to run an xterm within the vnc
    connection, but can't say for sure as I don't Do Windows(tm).

    Bill
    Voice: (206) 236-1676 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820
    Fax: (206) 232-9186

    The obscure we see eventually, the completely apparent takes longer.
    -- Edward R. Morrow

+ Reply to Thread