OpenServer 6.0.0 error 111 - SCO

This is a discussion on OpenServer 6.0.0 error 111 - SCO ; How do I inquire on how to solve an OpenServer 6.0.0 OS error 111? I have a software that is getting an operating system Error 111 from an OpenServer 6.0.0 (MP3) server. The application developer is saying that I need ...

  1. OpenServer 6.0.0 error 111

    How do I inquire on how to solve an OpenServer 6.0.0 OS error 111? I
    have a software that is getting an operating system Error 111 from an
    OpenServer 6.0.0 (MP3) server. The application developer is saying
    that I need to contact SCO for a solution and additional info. They
    also say that one of their other client has requested on the very same
    info but has got no answer (on going for over two months.)

  2. Re: OpenServer 6.0.0 error 111

    smlunatick typed (on Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:08:04AM -0700):
    | How do I inquire on how to solve an OpenServer 6.0.0 OS error 111? I
    | have a software that is getting an operating system Error 111 from an
    | OpenServer 6.0.0 (MP3) server. The application developer is saying
    | that I need to contact SCO for a solution and additional info. They
    | also say that one of their other client has requested on the very same
    | info but has got no answer (on going for over two months.)

    First I'd contact you for additional information. What is the
    application, and what leads up to the error message?

    Please note that on OSR 6.0.0, /usr/include/sys/errno.h does not list
    anything for number 111, so that number may just be something that the
    application is using.

    --
    JP

  3. Re: OpenServer 6.0.0 error 111

    On Jul 30, 6:34*pm, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > smlunatick typed (on Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:08:04AM -0700):
    > | How do I inquire on how to solve an OpenServer 6.0.0 OS error 111? *I
    > | have a software that is getting an operating system Error 111 from an
    > | OpenServer 6.0.0 (MP3) server. *The application developer is saying
    > | that I need to contact SCO for a solution and additional info. *They
    > | also say that one of their other client has requested on the very same
    > | info but has got no answer (on going for over two months.)
    >
    > First I'd contact you for additional information. *What is the
    > application, and what leads up to the error message?
    >
    > Please note that on OSR 6.0.0, /usr/include/sys/errno.h does not list
    > anything for number 111, so that number may just be something that the
    > application is using.
    >
    > --
    > JP

    The application is Thoroughbred Basic (a version of the Business Basic
    programming language.) The system error 111 was known as "Socket not
    connected" in OpenServer 5.0.7. Since OpenServer 6.0.0 is supposed to
    be a "fusion" of OpenServer 5 and UnixWare, could it not be a "left-
    over" from OpenServer.

    BTW: Thoroughbred is extremely confident that this is a SCO
    OpenServer 6.0.0 (MP3) problem and refuses to continue to investigate
    further until SCO issues the info / patch to this. However, I have
    yet to submit a "bug report."

  4. Re: OpenServer 6.0.0 error 111

    smlunatick typed (on Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 07:35:00AM -0700):
    | On Jul 30, 6:34*pm, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    | > smlunatick typed (on Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:08:04AM -0700):
    | > | How do I inquire on how to solve an OpenServer 6.0.0 OS error 111? *I
    | > | have a software that is getting an operating system Error 111 from an
    | > | OpenServer 6.0.0 (MP3) server. *The application developer is saying
    | > | that I need to contact SCO for a solution and additional info. *They
    | > | also say that one of their other client has requested on the very same
    | > | info but has got no answer (on going for over two months.)
    | >
    | > First I'd contact you for additional information. *What is the
    | > application, and what leads up to the error message?
    | >
    | > Please note that on OSR 6.0.0, /usr/include/sys/errno.h does not list
    | > anything for number 111, so that number may just be something that the
    | > application is using.
    | >

    | The application is Thoroughbred Basic (a version of the Business Basic
    | programming language.) The system error 111 was known as "Socket not
    | connected" in OpenServer 5.0.7. Since OpenServer 6.0.0 is supposed to
    | be a "fusion" of OpenServer 5 and UnixWare, could it not be a "left-
    | over" from OpenServer.
    |
    | BTW: Thoroughbred is extremely confident that this is a SCO
    | OpenServer 6.0.0 (MP3) problem and refuses to continue to investigate
    | further until SCO issues the info / patch to this. However, I have
    | yet to submit a "bug report."

    Is the binary an OSR binary, or a new one for OSR 6?

    What do the 'file' and the 'ldd' commands report about the binary?

    --
    JP

  5. Re: OpenServer 6.0.0 error 111

    On Jul 31, 5:43*pm, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > smlunatick typed (on Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 07:35:00AM -0700):
    > | On Jul 30, 6:34*pm, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > | > smlunatick typed (on Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:08:04AM -0700):
    > | >
    > | > First I'd contact you for additional information. *What is the
    > | > application, and what leads up to the error message?
    > | >
    > | > Please note that on OSR 6.0.0, /usr/include/sys/errno.h does not list
    > | > anything for number 111, so that number may just be something that the
    > | > application is using.
    > | >

    > | The application is Thoroughbred Basic (a version of the Business Basic
    > | programming language.) * The system error 111 was known as "Socket not
    > | connected" in OpenServer 5.0.7. *Since OpenServer 6.0.0 is supposed to
    > | be a "fusion" of OpenServer 5 and UnixWare, could it not be a "left-
    > | over" from OpenServer.
    > |
    > | BTW: *Thoroughbred is extremely confident that this is a SCO
    > | OpenServer 6.0.0 (MP3) problem and refuses to continue to investigate
    > | further until SCO issues the info / patch to this. *However, I have
    > | yet to submit a "bug report."
    >
    > Is the binary an OSR binary, or a new one for OSR 6?
    >
    > What do the 'file' and the 'ldd' commands report about the binary?
    >
    > --
    > JP

    This "b" (aka the business basic interpreter) version binary is
    developed / compiled especially for the OpenServer 6.

    # file b
    b: ELF 32-bit LSB executable 80386, dynamically linked,
    stripped, no debug (SVR5 ABI)

    # ldd b
    b needs:
    /usr/lib/libsocket.so.2
    /usr/lib/libc.so.1
    /usr/lib/libsocket.so.2 needs:
    /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1

    The binary developer Thoroughbred states that this version is for
    OpenServer 6.0.0 but there are some "quirks" when Maintenance Pack 3
    is installed. However, they have no info on what quirks nor how to
    fix this.

    Maintenance Pack 3 is needed for the parallel printers (need PCI
    parallel port and client demands that these work) and the additional
    licenses (SCO 5 licenses seem to be transferrable into SCO 6 when MP3
    is installed.)

  6. Re: OpenServer 6.0.0 error 111

    On 31 Jul, 21:32, smlunatick wrote:

    > The binary developer Thoroughbred states that this version is for
    > OpenServer 6.0.0 but there are some "quirks" when Maintenance Pack 3
    > is installed. However, they have no info on what quirks nor how to
    > fix this.

    Either you or the developer needs to report this issue via your
    Support channel to SCO. You should include as much information
    as you can including a truss of the binary that is failing.

    John

+ Reply to Thread