OSR 6.0 and divvy - SCO

This is a discussion on OSR 6.0 and divvy - SCO ; Can divvy be used in OSR 6.0 to Add and resize file systems, including the vxfs? Thanks...

  1. OSR 6.0 and divvy

    Can divvy be used in OSR 6.0 to Add and resize file systems, including
    the vxfs?

    Thanks

  2. Re: OSR 6.0 and divvy

    On 7 Jul, 22:10, e...@msn.com wrote:
    > Can divvy be used in OSR 6.0 to Add and resize file systems, including
    > the vxfs?

    See the man page at:

    http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/man/html.ADM/divvy.ADM.html

    John

  3. Re: OSR 6.0 and divvy

    On Jul 8, 3:42*am, bonix...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On 7 Jul, 22:10, e...@msn.com wrote:
    >
    > > Can divvy be used in OSR 6.0 to Add and resize file systems, including
    > > the vxfs?

    > See the man page at:
    >
    > http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/man/html.ADM/divvy.ADM.html
    >
    > John

    Hi John,

    Thanks for the reply.

    I have read the man page on divvy, however, the man page doesn't
    specifically state that divvy will support the 'vxfs' filesystem.

    When running divvy and changing the size of the root file system,
    divvy says it was unsuccessful, however, returns an error code of '0'.

    I've tried:

    divvy -m /dev/rdsk/c0b0t0d0s2
    and
    divvy -i /dev/rdsk/c0b0t0d0s2

    Neither seem to write the new divvy table and I have made sure the NEW
    FS was set to yes.

    Thanks for you help,
    Joe

  4. Re: OSR 6.0 and divvy

    On 9 Jul, 12:43, Nick wrote:
    > On Jul 8, 3:42 am, bonix...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > On 7 Jul, 22:10, e...@msn.com wrote:

    > > > Can divvy be used in OSR 6.0 to Add and resize file systems, including
    > > > the vxfs?

    > > See the man page at:

    > >http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/man/html.ADM/divvy.ADM.html

    > > John

    > Hi John,
    >
    > Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > I have read the man page on divvy, however, the man page doesn't
    > specifically state that divvy will support the 'vxfs' filesystem.

    Nick,

    divvy supports the creation of vxfs filesystems.

    > When running divvy and changing the size of the root file system,
    > divvy says it was unsuccessful, however, returns an error code of '0'.

    Well this is something that divvy does not support. You
    cannot resize the live root filesystem with divvy.

    John

+ Reply to Thread