lpstat shows "unable to get network name for local machine" - SCO

This is a discussion on lpstat shows "unable to get network name for local machine" - SCO ; I'm having problems with the print queues on this machine. If I ping scosysv, I get the localhost responding. What should I look at? # lpstat unable to get network name for local machine scosysv.mycompany.com waiting for netterm1 to come ...

  1. lpstat shows "unable to get network name for local machine"

    I'm having problems with the print queues on this machine. If I ping
    scosysv, I get the localhost responding. What should I look at?

    # lpstat
    unable to get network name for local machine scosysv.mycompany.com
    waiting for netterm1 to come up
    Req-Id Owner Size Date
    atebivr-0 root 0 Aug 9 17:54
    atebivr-1 root 0 Aug 9 17:55
    atebivr-2 root 0 Aug 9 18:09
    unable to get network name for local machine scosysv.mycompany.com
    no entries

    TIA
    Dave

  2. Re: lpstat shows "unable to get network name for local machine"

    On Jul 1, 8:41 am, dthacker wrote:
    > I'm having problems with the print queues on this machine. If I ping
    > scosysv, I get the localhost responding. What should I look at?
    >
    > # lpstat
    > unable to get network name for local machine scosysv.mycompany.com
    > waiting for netterm1 to come up
    > Req-Id Owner Size Date
    > atebivr-0 root 0 Aug 9 17:54
    > atebivr-1 root 0 Aug 9 17:55
    > atebivr-2 root 0 Aug 9 18:09
    > unable to get network name for local machine scosysv.mycompany.com
    > no entries
    >
    > TIA
    > Dave

    Which OS?

    What do "hostname" and "uname -a" return?

    --RLR

+ Reply to Thread