U drive will not mount - SCO

This is a discussion on U drive will not mount - SCO ; I am running SCO 5.02 and Informix 6 on a Compaq server. When booting I get the following message " fsstat:/dev/u needs checking mount: possibly damaged file system, mount failed: no space left on device {error 28). when I run ...

  1. U drive will not mount

    I am running SCO 5.02 and Informix 6 on a Compaq server. When booting I get
    the following message " fsstat:/dev/u needs checking
    mount: possibly damaged file system, mount failed: no space left on device
    {error 28). when I run fschk it will not choose the /dev/u as it is not
    mounted and I cannot mount. there looks to be room on the u drive. What do
    I use the check the u file system? Do I do this in Sigle User Mode? What
    would the actual command be including switches?

    Thanks, in advance.

    Ron

  2. Re: U drive will not mount

    On 24 Jun, 16:07, "Ron" wrote:
    > I am running SCO 5.02 and Informix 6 on a Compaq server. When booting I get
    > the following message " fsstat:/dev/u needs checking
    > mount: possibly damaged file system, mount failed: no space left on device
    > {error 28). when I run fschk it will not choose the /dev/u as it is not
    > mounted and I cannot mount. there looks to be room on the u drive. What do
    > I use the check the u file system? Do I do this in Sigle User Mode? What
    > would the actual command be including switches?

    Ron,

    have a look at:

    http:/www.sco.com/ta/110488
    and
    http://www.sco.com/ta/113281

    John

  3. Re: U drive will not mount

    John, Thank you for the information. That did the job.

    Ron
    wrote in message
    > On 24 Jun, 16:07, "Ron" wrote:
    >> I am running SCO 5.02 and Informix 6 on a Compaq server. When booting I
    >> get
    >> the following message " fsstat:/dev/u needs checking
    >> mount: possibly damaged file system, mount failed: no space left on
    >> device
    >> {error 28). when I run fschk it will not choose the /dev/u as it is not
    >> mounted and I cannot mount. there looks to be room on the u drive. What
    >> do
    >> I use the check the u file system? Do I do this in Sigle User Mode?
    >> What
    >> would the actual command be including switches?

    > Ron,
    >
    > have a look at:
    >
    > http:/www.sco.com/ta/110488
    > and