Samba 3.0.14Aa on 506 - SCO

This is a discussion on Samba 3.0.14Aa on 506 - SCO ; 506. trying to convert a visionFS user to samba. d'led 3.0.14Aa from sco's website, went to load gwxlibs, and samba won't start: dynamic linker: /usr/sbin/nmbd: relocation error: symbol not found: cur_term /etc/init.d/nmb: 12048 Killed Enabling Samba ... Done dynamic linker: ...

  1. Samba 3.0.14Aa on 506

    506. trying to convert a visionFS user to samba. d'led
    3.0.14Aa from sco's website, went to load gwxlibs,
    and samba won't start:

    dynamic linker: /usr/sbin/nmbd: relocation error: symbol not found: cur_term
    /etc/init.d/nmb: 12048 Killed
    Enabling Samba ... Done
    dynamic linker: /usr/sbin/smbd: relocation error: symbol not found: sys_nerr
    /etc/init.d/smb: 12053 Killed

    Meh. Any suggestions?

    Nachman Yaakov Ziskind, FSPA, LLM awacs@ziskind.us
    Attorney and Counselor-at-Law http://ziskind.us
    Economic Group Pension Services http://egps.com

  2. Re: Samba 3.0.14Aa on 506

    N. Yaakov Ziskind wrote:
    > 506. trying to convert a visionFS user to samba. d'led
    > 3.0.14Aa from sco's website, went to load gwxlibs,
    > and samba won't start:
    >
    > dynamic linker: /usr/sbin/nmbd: relocation error: symbol not found: cur_term
    > /etc/init.d/nmb: 12048 Killed
    > Enabling Samba ... Done
    > dynamic linker: /usr/sbin/smbd: relocation error: symbol not found: sys_nerr
    > /etc/init.d/smb: 12053 Killed
    >
    > Meh. Any suggestions?

    It's operating fine for me. Did you install all the security updates first,
    and gnutools from 5.0.7? And can you have run the appropriate 'custom -V' to
    verify the installation of gwxlibs?

+ Reply to Thread