UNIXWARE 7.1.4 MP4 - SCO

This is a discussion on UNIXWARE 7.1.4 MP4 - SCO ; I just installed new system UnixWare 7.1.4 - and installed MP4 Then went to configure mail and discovered config no longer as before I normally set channel mail host to outgoing smtp server, but only option now is smarter host. ...

  1. UNIXWARE 7.1.4 MP4

    I just installed new system UnixWare 7.1.4 - and installed MP4

    Then went to configure mail and discovered config no longer as before

    I normally set channel mail host to outgoing smtp server, but only option
    now is smarter host. Set smarter host to smtp server, but local mail now
    does not work - undo that and internet mail now does not work.

    Does anyone know if I can go back to MP3 sendmail - that worked??

  2. Re: UNIXWARE 7.1.4 MP4

    On 20 Jun, 01:12, "Ron Kirschner" wrote:
    > I just installed new system UnixWare 7.1.4 - and installed MP4
    >
    > Then went to configure mail and discovered config no longer as before
    >
    > I normally set channel mail host to outgoing smtp server, but only option
    > now is smarter host. Set smarter host to smtp server, but local mail now
    > does not work - undo that and internet mail now does not work.
    >
    > Does anyone know if I can go back to MP3 sendmail - that worked??

    Ron,

    The Release Notes for MP4 state at:

    ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/unixware7/714/.../uw714mp4.html

    " If in the future if you remove the sendmail package, the system will
    restore
    the version of sendmail that was delivered with the 7.1.4 base system,
    and will
    restore the configuration files that were in use at the time the new
    sendmail
    package was first installed."

    John

+ Reply to Thread