Get Processor speed under 6.0.0 - SCO

This is a discussion on Get Processor speed under 6.0.0 - SCO ; "hw -r cpu" quits giving the processor speed if there is more than one processor. Is there an alternative solution without rebooting to find the speed info in BIOS? TIA, Carl...

  1. Get Processor speed under 6.0.0

    "hw -r cpu" quits giving the processor speed
    if there is more than one processor. Is there an
    alternative solution without rebooting to find
    the speed info in BIOS?

    TIA,
    Carl

  2. Re: Get Processor speed under 6.0.0

    On 17 Jun, 16:26, cea...@dpcsystems.com wrote:
    > "hw -r cpu" quits giving the processor speed
    > if there is more than one processor. Is there an
    > alternative solution without rebooting to find
    > the speed info in BIOS?

    That sounds very odd. If hw recognises the processor it will
    display the speed. If you are saying that plugging an
    additional processor into the system stops hw
    from recognising the speed on the primary processor then
    this looks like either an OS or hardware bug.

    All I can suggest is that you load the latest MP and if
    that does not help, and your hardware is supported,
    raise the issue to your support provider.

    John

+ Reply to Thread