Convert JPG to PCL - SCO

This is a discussion on Convert JPG to PCL - SCO ; I need to convert an image (in jpg right now on Windows) to a PCL file for SCO Unix. I've done it once before, and only need to do it once again (it's a signature that I need to add ...

  1. Convert JPG to PCL

    I need to convert an image (in jpg right now on Windows) to a PCL file
    for SCO Unix. I've done it once before, and only need to do it once
    again (it's a signature that I need to add to a printed document).

    How can I do this? I don't want to pay, obviously, or I'd use
    something like MKPCL, which works but without paying puts lines
    through the image.

    Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

    Ed

  2. Re: Convert JPG to PCL

    Ed writes:
    >I need to convert an image (in jpg right now on Windows) to a PCL file
    >for SCO Unix. I've done it once before, and only need to do it once
    >again (it's a signature that I need to add to a printed document).
    >
    >How can I do this? I don't want to pay, obviously, or I'd use
    >something like MKPCL, which works but without paying puts lines
    >through the image.
    >
    >Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

    Use the 'convert' command which is part of the ImageMagick package
    (should be in the freeware part of the sco stuff).

    convert file.jpg file.pcl

    scott

  3. Re: Convert JPG to PCL

    On Jun 12, 12:45 pm, Ed wrote:
    > I need to convert an image (in jpg right now on Windows) to a PCL file
    > for SCO Unix. I've done it once before, and only need to do it once
    > again (it's a signature that I need to add to a printed document).
    >
    > How can I do this? I don't want to pay, obviously, or I'd use
    > something like MKPCL, which works but without paying puts lines
    > through the image.
    >
    > Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
    >
    > Ed

    GSview? http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/index.htm

    ImageMagick? http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

  4. Re: Convert JPG to PCL

    Ed typed (on Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:45:17AM -0700):
    | I need to convert an image (in jpg right now on Windows) to a PCL file
    | for SCO Unix. I've done it once before, and only need to do it once
    | again (it's a signature that I need to add to a printed document).
    |
    | How can I do this? I don't want to pay, obviously, or I'd use
    | something like MKPCL, which works but without paying puts lines
    | through the image.
    |
    | Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

    ImageMagick's 'convert' program is one way to do it.

    --
    JP

  5. Re: Convert JPG to PCL

    In article <7ae084e9-4a85-43c0-ae17-e1295fd2b0f0@z72g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
    Ed wrote:
    >I need to convert an image (in jpg right now on Windows) to a PCL file
    >for SCO Unix. I've done it once before, and only need to do it once
    >again (it's a signature that I need to add to a printed document).

    If you have the gwxlibs package loaded:

    jpegtopnm jpg-file | pnmtopclxl > outfile

    John

  6. Re: Convert JPG to PCL

    >>I need to convert an image (in jpg right now on Windows) to a PCL file
    >>for SCO Unix. I've done it once before, and only need to do it once
    >>again (it's a signature that I need to add to a printed document).

    > If you have the gwxlibs package loaded:
    >
    > jpegtopnm jpg-file | pnmtopclxl > outfile

    Sweet!

  7. Re: Convert JPG to PCL

    John DuBois typed (on Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 01:14:54PM -0500):
    | In article <7ae084e9-4a85-43c0-ae17-e1295fd2b0f0@z72g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
    | Ed wrote:
    | >I need to convert an image (in jpg right now on Windows) to a PCL file
    | >for SCO Unix. I've done it once before, and only need to do it once
    | >again (it's a signature that I need to add to a printed document).
    |
    | If you have the gwxlibs package loaded:
    |
    | jpegtopnm jpg-file | pnmtopclxl > outfile

    Limitation: you get PCL-6 output.
    If your printer only groks PCL-3 or PCL-5,
    that command won't avail.

    --
    JP

+ Reply to Thread