OSR505 and GCC - SCO

This is a discussion on OSR505 and GCC - SCO ; What might be the correct path for getting GCC online? I tried: ftp://ftp2.caldera.com/skunkware/osr5/devtools/gcc Perhaps it is my FTP client, but I can't fetch any of the files there (I just see an error about it saying that the "object" is ...

  1. OSR505 and GCC

    What might be the correct path for getting GCC online?

    I tried:
    ftp://ftp2.caldera.com/skunkware/osr5/devtools/gcc

    Perhaps it is my FTP client, but I can't fetch any of the files there (I
    just see an error about it saying that the "object" is not a directory,
    and it shows as a shortcut in my FTP app).

    I'm thinking of getting 2.7.2 because I have some really old stuff I
    need to rebuild.

    Marco

  2. Re: OSR505 and GCC

    On 9 Jun, 15:14, Marco Shaw wrote:
    > What might be the correct path for getting GCC online?
    >
    > I tried:ftp://ftp2.caldera.com/skunkware/osr5/devtools/gcc
    >
    > Perhaps it is my FTP client, but I can't fetch any of the files there (I
    > just see an error about it saying that the "object" is not a directory,
    > and it shows as a shortcut in my FTP app).
    >
    > I'm thinking of getting 2.7.2 because I have some really old stuff I
    > need to rebuild.
    >
    > Marco

    You need to iinstall the development toolkit from your installation
    CD, or the necessary libraries and utilities simply won't be there.
    The gcc versions compiled for SCO OpenServer do not replace those
    basic utilities.

    You should probably also seriously consider updating to 5.0.7, if you
    can. 5.0.7 has gcc in the 'gnutools' package, which is quite nice, and
    saves one heck of a lot of Skunkware picking and choosing.

  3. Re: OSR505 and GCC

    > You need to iinstall the development toolkit from your installation
    > CD, or the necessary libraries and utilities simply won't be there.
    > The gcc versions compiled for SCO OpenServer do not replace those
    > basic utilities.

    Yes, I found some information on having to install some dev stuff from
    the install CD.

    Now, I still don't seem to have a working link to getting GCC online
    though for SCO.

    I can't go to 5.0.7. This system will be gone in a few months, but I
    still need to rebuild it. All I have around are 5.0.2 (damaged!) and 5.0.5.

    Marco

  4. Re: OSR505 and GCC

    On 11 Jun, 03:31, Marco Shaw wrote:
    > > You need to iinstall the development toolkit from your installation
    > > CD, or the necessary libraries and utilities simply won't be there.
    > > The gcc versions compiled for SCO OpenServer do not replace those
    > > basic utilities.

    > Yes, I found some information on having to install some dev stuff from
    > the install CD.
    >
    > Now, I still don't seem to have a working link to getting GCC online
    > though for SCO.
    >
    > I can't go to 5.0.7. *This system will be gone in a few months, but I
    > still need to rebuild it. *All I have around are 5.0.2 (damaged!) and 5.0.5.
    >
    > Marco

    It seems to work for me right now. Do you have PASV mode enabled in
    your FTP client, which is mentioned when you access that page with a
    web browser?

+ Reply to Thread