    Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 1:00:07 +0100 (BST)
    From: seas.co.uk MMDF Mail System
    Sender: mmdf@seas.co.uk
    Subject: Waiting mail (msg.aa02556)
    To: tjh@seas.co.uk

    After 4 days (73 hours), your message has not yet been fully
    delivered. Attempts to deliver the message will continue .."

    I have 3 SCO boxes setup with the same MMDF configuration, I switched
    of the server which was sending out these messages, nd I still get
    them. I've checked in the logs, and there is nothing waiting to be
    processed for user or root or mmdf.

    where are the waiting mails stored?

    where are emails for mmdf stored?

    is there any way to flush these messages?

    Thanks

    Ananth

  2. Re: MMDF waiting mail - message not delivered fully

    On 4 Jun, 13:13, annoho...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello, I am having some issues with MMDF trying to send messages which
    > are not in the mail queue.
    >
    > This is the message I am receiving
    >
    > " After 4 days (95 hours), your message has not yet been fully
    > delivered. Attempts to deliver the message will continue for 4 more
    > days. No further action is required by you.
    >
    > Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 1:00:07 +0100 (BST)
    > From: seas.co.uk MMDF Mail System
    > Sender: m...@seas.co.uk
    > Subject: Waiting mail (msg.aa02556)
    > To: t...@seas.co.uk
    >
    > After 4 days (73 hours), your message has not yet been fully
    > delivered. Attempts to deliver the message will continue .."
    >
    > I have 3 SCO boxes setup with the same MMDF configuration, I switched
    > of the server which was sending out these messages, nd I still get
    > them. I've checked in the logs, and there is nothing waiting to be
    > processed for user or root or mmdf.
    >
    > where are the waiting mails stored?
    >
    > where are emails for mmdf stored?
    >
    > is there any way to flush these messages?

    Ananth,

    Have a look at:

    http://www.sco.com/ta/112461

    as a start to debugging your problem.

    John

  3. Re: MMDF waiting mail - message not delivered fully

    In article ,
    wrote:
    >Hello, I am having some issues with MMDF trying to send messages which
    >are not in the mail queue.
    >
    >This is the message I am receiving
    >
    >" After 4 days (95 hours), your message has not yet been fully
    >delivered. Attempts to deliver the message will continue for 4 more
    >days. No further action is required by you.
    >
    >Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 1:00:07 +0100 (BST)
    >From: seas.co.uk MMDF Mail System
    >Sender: mmdf@seas.co.uk
    >Subject: Waiting mail (msg.aa02556)
    >To: tjh@seas.co.uk
    >
    > After 4 days (73 hours), your message has not yet been fully
    >delivered. Attempts to deliver the message will continue .."
    >

    >I have 3 SCO boxes setup with the same MMDF configuration, I switched
    >of the server which was sending out these messages, nd I still get
    >them. I've checked in the logs, and there is nothing waiting to be
    >processed for user or root or mmdf.
    >
    >where are the waiting mails stored?
    >
    >where are emails for mmdf stored?

    The queue is under "/usr/spool/mmdf/lock/home".
    You can check the queue with "/usr/mmdf/bin/checkque".
    Other views of the queue are available with this utility (requires gawk/gfind):
    ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/admin/mmdf/mmdfq
    Help page:
    ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/admin/mmdf/help_pages/mmdfq

    >is there any way to flush these messages?

    See the deliver(ADM) man page, as well as the various message processing
    options in mmdfq.

    John

  4. Re: MMDF waiting mail - message not delivered fully

    On Jun 4, 9:19 pm, spce...@armory.com (John DuBois) wrote:
    > In article ,
    >

    > wrote:
    > >Hello, I am having some issues with MMDF trying to send messages which
    > >are not in the mail queue.

    > >This is the message I am receiving

    > >" After 4 days (95 hours), your message has not yet been fully
    > >delivered. Attempts to deliver the message will continue for 4 more
    > >days. No further action is required by you.

    > >Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 1:00:07 +0100 (BST)
    > >From: seas.co.uk MMDF Mail System
    > >Sender: m...@seas.co.uk
    > >Subject: Waiting mail (msg.aa02556)
    > >To: t...@seas.co.uk

    > > After 4 days (73 hours), your message has not yet been fully
    > >delivered. Attempts to deliver the message will continue .."

    > >I have 3 SCO boxes setup with the same MMDF configuration, I switched
    > >of the server which was sending out these messages, nd I still get
    > >them. I've checked in the logs, and there is nothing waiting to be
    > >processed for user or root or mmdf.

    > >where are the waiting mails stored?

    > >where are emails for mmdf stored?

    > The queue is under "/usr/spool/mmdf/lock/home".
    > You can check the queue with "/usr/mmdf/bin/checkque".
    > Other views of the queue are available with this utility (requires gawk/gfind):ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/admin/mmdf/mmdfq
    > Help page:ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/admin/mmdf/help_pages/mmdfq
    >
    > >is there any way to flush these messages?

    > See the deliver(ADM) man page, as well as the various message processing
    > options in mmdfq.
    >
    > John
    > --
    > John DuBois spce...@armory.com KC6QKZ/AE http://www.armory.com/~spcecdt/

    Found the problem,

    There were waiting mails on all sco servers under a user account.

    Thanks for the links.

    Ananth

+ Reply to Thread