How can I automatically reconnect TELNET connection with PROCOMM PLUS - SCO

This is a discussion on How can I automatically reconnect TELNET connection with PROCOMM PLUS - SCO ; Is there a way of telling procomm to reconnect when the user logs out from a telnet session to OSR 507 ? Anyone out there using procomm plus ? Thanks...

  1. How can I automatically reconnect TELNET connection with PROCOMM PLUS

    Is there a way of telling procomm to reconnect when the user logs out from a
    telnet session to OSR 507 ? Anyone out there using procomm plus ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: How can I automatically reconnect TELNET connection with

    Enrique Arredondo typed (on Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 03:41:39PM -0700):
    | Is there a way of telling procomm to reconnect when the user logs out
    | from a telnet session to OSR 507 ? Anyone out there using procomm plus
    | ?

    Huh? If a user logs out of a telnet session, why should anyone else
    (or anything else) disobey that user's wishes by reconnecting him|her?

    --
    JP

  3. Re: How can I automatically reconnect TELNET connection with PROCOMMPLUS

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Enrique Arredondo wrote:

    > Is there a way of telling procomm to reconnect when the user logs out from a
    > telnet session to OSR 507 ? Anyone out there using procomm plus ?

    It's time to move ahead! This is a simple setting in Anzio Lite.

    Regards,
    .....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
    company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
    fax: (US) 503-624-0760
    web: http://www.anzio.com
    street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
    10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
    Portland, OR 97223 USA

  4. Re: How can I automatically reconnect TELNET connection with

    "Jean-Pierre Radley" wrote in message
    > Enrique Arredondo typed (on Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 03:41:39PM -0700):
    > | Is there a way of telling procomm to reconnect when the user logs out
    > | from a telnet session to OSR 507 ? Anyone out there using procomm plus
    > | ?
    >
    > Huh? If a user logs out of a telnet session, why should anyone else
    > (or anything else) disobey that user's wishes by reconnecting him|her?
    >
    > --
    > JP

    I know, but people using filepro's menus hit the "X" to exit by mistake and
    the session just hangs and they call IT saying that their computer is locked
    up, so I was thinking of doing an automatic reconnect so they see that they
    logged out.

  5. Re: How can I automatically reconnect TELNET connection with

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Enrique Arredondo wrote:

    > > Huh? If a user logs out of a telnet session, why should anyone else
    > > (or anything else) disobey that user's wishes by reconnecting him|her?
    > >
    > > --
    > > JP

    > I know, but people using filepro's menus hit the "X" to exit by mistake and
    > the session just hangs and they call IT saying that their computer is locked
    > up, so I was thinking of doing an automatic reconnect so they see that they
    > logged out.

    Exactly! In the days of serial connections, the wiring could be set up so
    that they got a new login in that case. So when we made Anzio work over a
    network, we made this behavior an option.

    Regards,
    .....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
    company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
    fax: (US) 503-624-0760
    web: http://www.anzio.com
    street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
    10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
    Portland, OR 97223 USA

  6. Re: How can I automatically reconnect TELNET connection with

    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Enrique Arredondo wrote:
    >
    >> > Huh? If a user logs out of a telnet session, why should anyone else
    >> > (or anything else) disobey that user's wishes by reconnecting him|her?
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > JP

    >> I know, but people using filepro's menus hit the "X" to exit by mistake
    >> and
    >> the session just hangs and they call IT saying that their computer is
    >> locked
    >> up, so I was thinking of doing an automatic reconnect so they see that
    >> they
    >> logged out.

    > Exactly! In the days of serial connections, the wiring could be set up so
    > that they got a new login in that case. So when we made Anzio work over a
    > network, we made this behavior an option.

    I have about 200 users, how much is that gonna cost me

  7. Re: How can I automatically reconnect TELNET connection with

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Enrique Arredondo wrote:

    > > Exactly! In the days of serial connections, the wiring could be set up so
    > > that they got a new login in that case. So when we made Anzio work over a
    > > network, we made this behavior an option.
    > >

    > I have about 200 users, how much is that gonna cost me

    I just generated a price quote for you, emailed privately from our online
    quote generator. And yes, I'm working late too!

    Regards,
    .....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
    company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
    fax: (US) 503-624-0760
    web: http://www.anzio.com
    street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
    10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
    Portland, OR 97223 USA

  8. Re: How can I automatically reconnect TELNET connection with

    On Apr 25, 6:59*pm, "Enrique Arredondo" wrote:
    > "Jean-Pierre Radley" wrote in message

    > > Enrique Arredondo typed (on Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 03:41:39PM -0700):
    > > | Is there a way of telling procomm to reconnect when the user logs out
    > > | from a telnet session to OSR 507 ? Anyone out there using procomm plus
    > > | ?

    > > Huh? *If a user logs out of a telnet session, why should anyone else
    > > (or anything else) disobey that user's wishes by reconnecting him|her?

    > > --
    > > JP

    > I know, but people using filepro's menus hit the "X" to exit by mistake and
    > the session just hangs and they call IT saying that their computer is locked
    > up, so I was thinking of doing an automatic reconnect so they see that they
    > logged out.

    May be it is happening because their profile is set to lauch the
    filepro application as soon as click on the telnet session and when
    they click X it terminate the connection, I would setup the profile so
    the user(s) get to login prompt and type ID/password to gain access to
    the filepro app, so when they X out it goes back to login, rather than
    premature disconnect. Just a thought.

  9. Re: How can I automatically reconnect TELNET connection with

    wrote in message
    On Apr 25, 6:59 pm, "Enrique Arredondo" wrote:
    > "Jean-Pierre Radley" wrote in message

    > > Enrique Arredondo typed (on Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 03:41:39PM -0700):
    > > | Is there a way of telling procomm to reconnect when the user logs out
    > > | from a telnet session to OSR 507 ? Anyone out there using procomm plus
    > > | ?

    > > Huh? If a user logs out of a telnet session, why should anyone else
    > > (or anything else) disobey that user's wishes by reconnecting him|her?

    > > --
    > > JP

    > I know, but people using filepro's menus hit the "X" to exit by mistake
    > and
    > the session just hangs and they call IT saying that their computer is
    > locked
    > up, so I was thinking of doing an automatic reconnect so they see that
    > they
    > logged out.

    May be it is happening because their profile is set to lauch the
    filepro application as soon as click on the telnet session and when
    they click X it terminate the connection, I would setup the profile so
    the user(s) get to login prompt and type ID/password to gain access to
    the filepro app, so when they X out it goes back to login, rather than
    premature disconnect. Just a thought.

    -----------------

    How would I do that ?

    exec p Filepro
    exit

    or

    p Filepro
    exit

    ?thanks

  10. Re: How can I automatically reconnect TELNET connection with

    Enrique Arredondo typed (on Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 01:15:15PM -0700):

    | wrote in message
    | On Apr 25, 6:59 pm, "Enrique Arredondo" wrote:
    | > "Jean-Pierre Radley" wrote in message

    | > > Enrique Arredondo typed (on Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 03:41:39PM -0700):
    | >
    | > > Huh? If a user logs out of a telnet session, why should anyone else
    | > > (or anything else) disobey that user's wishes by reconnecting him|her?
    | >
    | > > --
    | > > JP
    | >
    | > I know, but people using filepro's menus hit the "X" to exit by mistake
    | > and
    | > the session just hangs and they call IT saying that their computer is
    | > locked
    | > up, so I was thinking of doing an automatic reconnect so they see that
    | > they
    | > logged out.
    |
    | May be it is happening because their profile is set to lauch the
    | filepro application as soon as click on the telnet session and when
    | they click X it terminate the connection, I would setup the profile so
    | the user(s) get to login prompt and type ID/password to gain access to
    | the filepro app, so when they X out it goes back to login, rather than
    | premature disconnect. Just a thought.
    |
    | -----------------
    |
    | How would I do that ?
    |
    | exec p Filepro
    | exit
    |
    | or
    |
    | p Filepro
    | exit

    Using 'exec' serves no good purpose, and if you do not want to exit
    the connection, then don't exit.

    --
    JP

+ Reply to Thread