Questions after successful SCO 6.0.0 install - SCO

This is a discussion on Questions after successful SCO 6.0.0 install - SCO ; I have several questions on a new install of SCO 6.0.0. I have not done these or it have been several years I have not done them. 1) How do I change keyboard / mouse from PS/2 to USB version? ...

  1. Questions after successful SCO 6.0.0 install

    I have several questions on a new install of SCO 6.0.0. I have not
    done these or it have been several years I have not done them.

    1) How do I change keyboard / mouse from PS/2 to USB version?

    2) How to add second "physical" hard drive that is already partitioned
    but has not "slice" / file systems?

    History of this server in question:

    This is a new IBM x3400 Quad-core system. Due to software firmware
    "conflicting" setting recommendations, disabling the ASF on built-in
    BroadComm network adapter (SCO 5.0.7 install before upgrade to 6.0.0,)
    the motherboard controller BCM shutdown the board. After 4
    replacements, under warranty, was told to not to touch ASF settings
    (ok, will use 6.0.0) and found out today BCM reset method. System is
    work correctly however will not complete the install if using USB
    keyboard / mouse and USB floppy drive for additional HBA install.
    Used PS/2 keybaord to complete the install and once IBM field service
    reps fixed USB issues, switched to USB keyboard / mouse. Now the
    console is displaying "Integral console keyboard not found" warning.
    Since this will go to a client's site, I would like to remove this
    message.

  2. Re: Questions after successful SCO 6.0.0 install

    On 15 Apr, 16:46, smlunatick wrote:
    > I have several questions on a new install of SCO 6.0.0. I have not
    > done these or it have been several years I have not done them.
    >
    > 1) How do I change keyboard / mouse from PS/2 to USB version?

    To change the mouse use:

    mkdev mouse

    To change keyboard I would assume you just reboot the server
    with the USB keyboard?

    > 2) How to add second "physical" hard drive that is already partitioned
    > but has not "slice" / file systems?

    mkdev hd

    John

+ Reply to Thread