User licenses - SCO

This is a discussion on User licenses - SCO ; When you upgrade SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 to SCO OpenServer 6.0.0, do you need to get updated user licenses or will the 5.0.7 versions work?...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: User licenses

  1. User licenses

    When you upgrade SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 to SCO OpenServer 6.0.0, do you
    need to get updated user licenses or will the 5.0.7 versions work?

  2. Re: User licenses

    smlunatick typed (on Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 01:55:33PM -0700):
    | When you upgrade SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 to SCO OpenServer 6.0.0, do you
    | need to get updated user licenses or will the 5.0.7 versions work?

    You need an upgrade license; OSR 5.0.7 licenses do not work for 6.0.0.


    --
    JP

  3. Re: User licenses

    On 10 Apr, 22:23, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > smlunatick typed (on Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 01:55:33PM -0700):
    > | When you upgrade SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 to SCO OpenServer 6.0.0, do you
    > | need to get updated user licenses or will the 5.0.7 versions work?
    >
    > You need an upgrade license; OSR 5.0.7 licenses do not work for 6.0.0.
    >
    > --
    > JP


    I had a fascinating note from a SCO email account recently, not
    necessarily a sales person, who claimed you could upgrade free. But I
    assume you do need the license to do so.

    Now, if anyone wants to sell me some old SCO 5.0.6 licenses, I've got
    a migration project that could use a spare server and development
    license for legacy virtual environment reasons.

  4. Re: User licenses

    On 10 Apr, 22:55, smlunatick wrote:
    > When you upgrade SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 to SCO OpenServer 6.0.0, do you
    > need to get updated user licenses or will the 5.0.7 versions work?


    Hi,

    When you upgrade from OpenServer 5.0.7 to OpenServer 6.0.0 you
    will need to purchase an

    OpenServer 5.0.7 to OpenServer 6.0.0 Upgrade license for the Base
    Operating System.

    You do not need to upgrade your OpenServer 5.0.7 User, CPU or
    Development
    System Licenses. You can just apply these to your OpenServer 6.0.0
    server
    system once MP3 is installed.

    Hope this helps.

    John

  5. Re: User licenses

    On 10 Apr, 23:23, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > smlunatick typed (on Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 01:55:33PM -0700):
    > | When you upgrade SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 to SCO OpenServer 6.0.0, do you
    > | need to get updated user licenses or will the 5.0.7 versions work?
    >
    > You need an upgrade license; OSR 5.0.7 licenses do not work for 6.0.0.


    JP,

    You are correct to say they need an upgrade license from 507 to 600
    but I think the question was about "user licenses".

    To clarify, OpenServer 5.0.7 user licenses can be applied to an
    OpenServer 6.0.0
    system. They do not require "upgrading".

    John


  6. Re: User licenses

    On 11 Apr, 09:04, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    > I had a fascinating note from a SCO email account recently, not
    > necessarily a sales person, who claimed you could upgrade free. But I
    > assume you do need the license to do so.


    Nico,

    If this email was from me then I am flattered that you found it
    so fascinating :-)

    If you had read my email carefully I stated

    "The upgrade from 5.0.6 to 6.0.0 does not require that you
    upgrade your user licenses, you can use the 5.0.6 licenses with
    6.0.0."

    Thanks,

    John

  7. Re: User licenses

    jboland@sco.com wrote:
    > On 11 Apr, 09:04, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    >> I had a fascinating note from a SCO email account recently, not
    >> necessarily a sales person, who claimed you could upgrade free. But I
    >> assume you do need the license to do so.

    >
    > Nico,
    >
    > If this email was from me then I am flattered that you found it
    > so fascinating :-)
    >
    > If you had read my email carefully I stated
    >
    > "The upgrade from 5.0.6 to 6.0.0 does not require that you
    > upgrade your user licenses, you can use the 5.0.6 licenses with
    > 6.0.0."
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > John


    And I see you're popping up here with just the needed answers! Good job!

+ Reply to Thread