    From: "Nico Kadel-Garcia"
    Newsgroups: comp.unix.sco.misc
    Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:15 AM
    Subject: Enabling USB for OpenServer 5.0.6

    > For various reasons, I'd like access to some attached USB storage on
    > an OpenSErver 5.0.6 system I'm dealing with. But diggingn through the
    > various mixed up naming schemes for SCO software packages is awkward:
    > can anyone identify for me the packages I'll need to install and
    > update for best performance? Or have a walkthrough on how to attach
    > such storage devices?
    >
    > The devices are currently Linux built ext3 filesystems, but I'm happy
    > to work with FAT32 for this for maximum cross-platform compatibility.

    Why??? load your system into a vmware and then the underlying host os can access all the usb devices you want.

    As someone in another mail list recently pointed out, "buy new pants" is not a helpful solution to the problem of dirty pants.

  3. Re: Enabling USB for OpenServer 5.0.6

    On 27 Mar, 10:25, "Brian K. White" wrote:
> [...]

    Unfortunately, I need a place to put all the stuff from the pockets
    before I can scrub the machinen and install a virtualized environment
    on it, and I don't have a spare server with the additional horsepower
    to run an effective VM on at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread