scounix+Counterpoint - SCO

This is a discussion on scounix+Counterpoint - SCO ; after major system crash we've rebuilt system with sco v5.0, have reloaded Counterpoint software then restored all the data from backup. everything appears to be in place, however the uder ID and password do not let us access Counterpoint from ...

  1. scounix+Counterpoint

    after major system crash we've rebuilt system with sco v5.0, have
    reloaded Counterpoint software then restored all the data from backup.
    everything appears to be in place, however the uder ID and password do
    not let us access Counterpoint from the login prompt. I've forgotten
    the unix command in setting this up. any suggestions?
    Help!

  2. Re: scounix+Counterpoint

    mifloral typed (on Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 01:23:16PM -0700):
    | after major system crash we've rebuilt system with sco v5.0, have
    | reloaded Counterpoint software then restored all the data from backup.
    | everything appears to be in place, however the uder ID and password do
    | not let us access Counterpoint from the login prompt. I've forgotten
    | the unix command in setting this up. any suggestions?

    Most of us do not have a magic crystal ball that can show us what is it
    that you are typing in order to access your data, and what errors you are
    seeing, so you need to compose another message and explain it to us.

    --
    JP

  3. Re: scounix+Counterpoint

    Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > mifloral typed (on Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 01:23:16PM -0700):
    > | after major system crash we've rebuilt system with sco v5.0, have
    > | reloaded Counterpoint software then restored all the data from backup.
    > | everything appears to be in place, however the uder ID and password do
    > | not let us access Counterpoint from the login prompt. I've forgotten
    > | the unix command in setting this up. any suggestions?
    >
    > Most of us do not have a magic crystal ball that can show us what is it
    > that you are typing in order to access your data, and what errors you are
    > seeing, so you need to compose another message and explain it to us.

    In particular, which of the numerous different software packages called
    "Counterpoint" are you referring to? The DRM stuff, the insurance stuff, the
    retail sale software, or what?

+ Reply to Thread