cron "c queue max run limit reached" - SCO

This is a discussion on cron "c queue max run limit reached" - SCO ; I have a server which has several timed "cron" tasks that must complete. A few weeks back, a power failure occured and now these cron jobs do not work. Two days ago, I turned on the cron job 'log' and ...

  1. cron "c queue max run limit reached"

    I have a server which has several timed "cron" tasks that must
    complete. A few weeks back, a power failure occured and now these
    cron jobs do not work. Two days ago, I turned on the cron job 'log'
    and today the log is showing "c queue max run limit reached" I
    looked for more info on this messgae and was suggested to check a line
    in th cron's queuedefs. The original file did not have a "c." line so
    cron will use default settings.

    How can I completely remove the limits or find/fix my problem?

  2. Re: cron "c queue max run limit reached"

    On Mar 20, 7:02 am, smlunatick wrote:
    > I have a server which has several timed "cron" tasks that must
    > complete. A few weeks back, a power failure occured and now these
    > cron jobs do not work. Two days ago, I turned on the cron job 'log'
    > and today the log is showing "c queue max run limit reached" I
    > looked for more info on this messgae and was suggested to check a line
    > in th cron's queuedefs. The original file did not have a "c." line so
    > cron will use default settings.
    >
    > How can I completely remove the limits or find/fix my problem?

    The obscure-looking "c" just indicates a cron job. Other values are
    "a" for at job and "b" for batch jobs.

    Perhaps you have too many running cron jobs in the queue. Cf. the
    MAXRUN variable in the same configuration file you changed to turn on
    cron logging.

    Are your cron jobs now launching and not terminating?

    --RLR

  3. Re: cron "c queue max run limit reached"

    smlunatick typed (on Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 07:02:09AM -0700):
    | I have a server which has several timed "cron" tasks that must
    | complete. A few weeks back, a power failure occured and now these
    | cron jobs do not work. Two days ago, I turned on the cron job 'log'
    | and today the log is showing "c queue max run limit reached" I
    | looked for more info on this messgae and was suggested to check a line
    | in th cron's queuedefs. The original file did not have a "c." line so
    | cron will use default settings.
    |
    | How can I completely remove the limits or find/fix my problem?

    Have you studied the man pages for cron and for queuedefs?

    --
    JP

+ Reply to Thread