How to set fully qualified hostname for SCO OpenServer 5.0.6? - SCO

This is a discussion on How to set fully qualified hostname for SCO OpenServer 5.0.6? - SCO ; I'd like the small set of systems I'm fixing to have proper fully qualified hostnames for hte command "hostname". But different of the systems are doing different things, in an environment where the machines got moved from one domain to ...

  1. How to set fully qualified hostname for SCO OpenServer 5.0.6?

    I'd like the small set of systems I'm fixing to have proper fully
    qualified hostnames for hte command "hostname". But different of the
    systems are doing different things, in an environment where the
    machines got moved from one domain to another. It's not a big problem,
    because it's an internal domain, but this is forcing me to continue
    using /etc/hosts instead of normal internal DNS.

    Machine A responds to "hostname" with a.olddomain.com.
    Machine B responds to "hostname" with b.oldommain
    Machine C responds to "hostname" with c.

    In all cases, I want to change them to be "[machine].newdomain.com".
    I've tried going through the scoadmin tools, but am not easily finding
    where to set this. Is it just editing /etc/default/tcp and ebooting?

  2. Re: How to set fully qualified hostname for SCO OpenServer 5.0.6?

    Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    > I'd like the small set of systems I'm fixing to have proper fully
    > qualified hostnames for hte command "hostname". But different of the
    > systems are doing different things, in an environment where the
    > machines got moved from one domain to another. It's not a big problem,
    > because it's an internal domain, but this is forcing me to continue
    > using /etc/hosts instead of normal internal DNS.
    >
    > Machine A responds to "hostname" with a.olddomain.com.
    > Machine B responds to "hostname" with b.oldommain
    > Machine C responds to "hostname" with c.
    >
    > In all cases, I want to change them to be "[machine].newdomain.com".
    > I've tried going through the scoadmin tools, but am not easily finding
    > where to set this. Is it just editing /etc/default/tcp and ebooting?

    Run netconfig

    --
    Ygnacio Moreno.

    Remove 'The' and 'Obvious' from email to respond.

+ Reply to Thread