USB floppy on OS6 tar use only - SCO

This is a discussion on USB floppy on OS6 tar use only - SCO ; My os6 install sees my usb floppy drive (usb probe) but from there I'm confused. I just want to use tar against the device but I can't find any doc that tells me which device name to use to address ...

  1. USB floppy on OS6 tar use only

    My os6 install sees my usb floppy drive (usb probe) but from there I'm
    confused.
    I just want to use tar against the device but I can't find any doc
    that tells me which device name to use to address it?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    John

  2. Re: USB floppy on OS6 tar use only

    johnr typed (on Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:12:36PM -0700):
    | My os6 install sees my usb floppy drive (usb probe) but from there I'm
    | confused.
    | I just want to use tar against the device but I can't find any doc
    | that tells me which device name to use to address it?
    | Any help would be appreciated.
    | John

    See the very last paragraph entitled "USB floppy device names" in the man
    page for 'usb'.

    --
    JP

+ Reply to Thread