sysadmsh - SCO

This is a discussion on sysadmsh - SCO ; Having just acquired Openserver v6, I am having a few issues. 1) Although the MAN page says that its available, I do not have sysadmsh. Is it a separate install? 2) Trying to register this thing. But as we do ...

  1. sysadmsh

    Having just acquired Openserver v6, I am having a few issues.

    1) Although the MAN page says that its available, I do not have
    sysadmsh. Is it a separate install?

    2) Trying to register this thing. But as we do not use the GUI, I am
    unable to run the license manager. So any ideas how it can be done.

    3) If I do trash and re-install on a different machine, does the same
    registration apply? How does it work now?

    Being new to v6 I may take a while to get the best config.

    BR
    Don C

  2. Re: sysadmsh

    Donald Campbell typed (on Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 08:22:51PM +0000):

    > Having just acquired Openserver v6, I am having a few issues.
    >
    > 1) Although the MAN page says that its available, I do not have sysadmsh.
    > Is it a separate install?

    It's not part of OSR 6 In fact they meant to ditch it from OSR 5 some
    years before too, but never got a round tuit,

    > 2) Trying to register this thing. But as we do not use the GUI, I am unable
    > to run the license manager. So any ideas how it can be done.

    Run "licenseMgr".

    > 3) If I do trash and re-install on a different machine, does the same
    > registration apply? How does it work now?

    No different than ever; registration codes are tied to the hard drive,
    but that's never been any problem for me when I had to shift hardeware.

    --
    JP

  3. Re: sysadmsh

    On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 03:54:15PM -0500, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > Donald Campbell typed (on Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 08:22:51PM +0000):
    > >
    > > Having just acquired Openserver v6, I am having a few issues.
    > >
    > > 1) Although the MAN page says that its available, I do not have sysadmsh.
    > > Is it a separate install?

    > It's not part of OSR 6 In fact they meant to ditch it from OSR 5 some
    > years before too, but never got a round tuit,
    >
    > > 2) Trying to register this thing. But as we do not use the GUI, I am unable
    > > to run the license manager. So any ideas how it can be done.

    > Run "licenseMgr".
    >
    > > 3) If I do trash and re-install on a different machine, does the same
    > > registration apply? How does it work now?

    > No different than ever; registration codes are tied to the hard drive,
    > but that's never been any problem for me when I had to shift hardeware.

    the character based admin shell on openserver can be accessed by typing
    "scoadmin". license manager is in there as well.

    --
    -Joe Chasan- Magnatech Business Systems, Inc.
    joe - at - magnatechonline -dot- com Hicksville, NY - USA

  4. Re: sysadmsh

    Thanks.

    In typical fashion I found scoadmin shortly after posting.

    I now have the registered.

    Don C

    In article <20080307160502.A20788@magnatechonline.com>, Joe Chasan
    writes
    >On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 03:54:15PM -0500, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    >> Donald Campbell typed (on Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 08:22:51PM +0000):
    >> >
    >> > Having just acquired Openserver v6, I am having a few issues.
    >> >
    >> > 1) Although the MAN page says that its available, I do not have sysadmsh.
    >> > Is it a separate install?

    >> It's not part of OSR 6 In fact they meant to ditch it from OSR 5 some
    >> years before too, but never got a round tuit,
    >>
    >> > 2) Trying to register this thing. But as we do not use the GUI, I
    >> >unable
    >> > to run the license manager. So any ideas how it can be done.

    >> Run "licenseMgr".
    >>
    >> > 3) If I do trash and re-install on a different machine, does the same
    >> > registration apply? How does it work now?

    >> No different than ever; registration codes are tied to the hard drive,
    >> but that's never been any problem for me when I had to shift hardeware.

    >the character based admin shell on openserver can be accessed by typing
    >"scoadmin". license manager is in there as well.
    >
    >--
    >-Joe Chasan- Magnatech Business Systems, Inc.
    >joe - at - magnatechonline -dot- com Hicksville, NY - USA
    >http://www.MagnatechOnline.com Tel.(516) 931-4444/Fax.(516) 931-1264

  5. Re: sysadmsh

    On 7 Mar, 21:22, Donald Campbell wrote:
    > Having just acquired Openserver v6, I am having a few issues.
    >
    > 1) Although the MAN page says that its available, I do not have
    > sysadmsh. Is it a separate install?

    Don,

    sysadmsh was dropped from OpenServer 6. For non GUI administration
    please use

    scoadmin

    > 2) Trying to register this thing. But as we do not use the GUI, I am
    > unable to run the license manager. So any ideas how it can be done.

    scoadmin lic

    will run the License Manager in Character (CHARM) mode.

    > 3) If I do trash and re-install on a different machine, does the same
    > registration apply? How does it work now?

    No, you will need to reregister

    John

+ Reply to Thread