USB Memory Stick on SCO Openserver 6.0 - SCO

This is a discussion on USB Memory Stick on SCO Openserver 6.0 - SCO ; I am new to SCO Unix and was hoping that someone out there could tell me if it was possible to use a USB Memory Stick with SCO OpenServer 6.0. I was able to get it work by using mkdev ...

  1. USB Memory Stick on SCO Openserver 6.0

    I am new to SCO Unix and was hoping that someone out there could tell me
    if it was possible to use a USB Memory Stick with SCO OpenServer 6.0. I
    was able to get it work by using mkdev hd followed by a mount, but it
    appears to me that now the OS thinks the memory stick is a permanent device.

    What is the correct way to make OpenServer 6.0 identify a USB memory stick?

    Thanks,

    Jay

  2. Re: USB Memory Stick on SCO Openserver 6.0

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2008, Jay Runkel wrote:
    > I am new to SCO Unix and was hoping that someone out there could tell me
    > if it was possible to use a USB Memory Stick with SCO OpenServer 6.0. I
    > was able to get it work by using mkdev hd followed by a mount, but it
    > appears to me that now the OS thinks the memory stick is a permanent
    > device.
    >
    > What is the correct way to make OpenServer 6.0 identify a USB memory
    > stick?

    I use them all the time. You just have to make them so they are not
    auto-mounted. I mount mine manually. It works great. I cycle between 12
    sticks. I do the same with external USB HD's.

    --
    Boyd Gerber

  3. Re: USB Memory Stick on SCO Openserver 6.0

    Jay Runkel typed (on Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 07:17:23PM +0000):

    > I am new to SCO Unix and was hoping that someone out there could tell me if
    > it was possible to use a USB Memory Stick with SCO OpenServer 6.0. I was
    > able to get it work by using mkdev hd followed by a mount, but it appears
    > to me that now the OS thinks the memory stick is a permanent device.
    >
    > What is the correct way to make OpenServer 6.0 identify a USB memory stick?

    Start by reading 'man usb'.

    --
    JP

+ Reply to Thread