So Long SCO Nay-Sayers, Happy To See You Leave - SCO

This is a discussion on So Long SCO Nay-Sayers, Happy To See You Leave - SCO ; Recent news indicates that SCO is not dead, or even on its death bed. As being a user, seller and supporter of SCO products since SCO Xenix, I've gotten tired of all the anti-SCO nay-sayers posting here. Maybe the recent ...

  1. So Long SCO Nay-Sayers, Happy To See You Leave

    Recent news indicates that SCO is not dead, or even on its death bed.

    As being a user, seller and supporter of SCO products since SCO Xenix,
    I've gotten tired of all the anti-SCO nay-sayers posting here.

    Maybe the recent news about SCO will shut them up, maybe not. But it's
    good news for me.

    Who knows how it will eventually turn out, but if it causes the Anti-SCO
    nay-sayers to shut up for a while it will be a welcome relief.

    Bob

    --
    Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor

  2. Re: So Long SCO Nay-Sayers, Happy To See You Leave

    In <20080216011705.GA14465@trebor.iglou.com> Bob Stockler:

    [Snip...]

    > nay-sayers to shut up for a while it will be a welcome relief

    Sorry, no rest for the weary. I'm onto this scam 5+ years, and you're not
    shutting me up, now, or actually ever. This is Usenet, remember?

    OTOH, I do believe you've earned a well-deserved Darwin Award. Enjoy.

  3. Re: So Long SCO Nay-Sayers, Happy To See You Leave

    Bob Stockler wrote:
    > Recent news indicates that SCO is not dead, or even on its death bed.

    The SCO Group may be not dead (yet), but they are hardly anything else
    than a *zombie*, and a quite pathetic one.

    > As being a user, seller and supporter of SCO products since SCO Xenix,
    > I've gotten tired of all the anti-SCO nay-sayers posting here.

    Santa Cruz Operation was great. The SCO Group is a spawn of Satan. It
    will be dealt with accordingly.

    > Who knows how it will eventually turn out, but if it causes the Anti-SCO
    > nay-sayers to shut up for a while it will be a welcome relief.

    It will give extra time for The SCO Group to come to realize the
    UnixWare kernel they put into their OpenServer 6.0 product is Novell's
    intelectual property, and that as they only bought distribution rights
    to such property, now they own royalties to Novell for every copy sold
    of OpenServer 6.0.

    Good move! Can we call this to go fishing and end up been trapped in the
    very hook? Hell, yeah!

    Santa Cruz Operation was paying royalties to Microsoft in the past for
    many years for their use of Xenix. Now, The SCO Group, if they have any
    future left, will be paying royalties to Novell for MANY years to come.

    What a TOTAL screw up!!

  4. Re: So Long SCO Nay-Sayers, Happy To See You Leave

    Bob Stockler wrote:
    > Recent news indicates that SCO is not dead, or even on its death bed.
    >
    > As being a user, seller

    Typical salesman who believes his own lies! Good thing
    you don't sell used cars.

    > and supporter of SCO products since SCO Xenix,
    > I've gotten tired of all the anti-SCO nay-sayers posting here.

    The official birthdate of unix was Jan 1, 1970. SCO has
    been one of its bastards.

    > Maybe the recent news about SCO will shut them up, maybe not. But it's
    > good news for me.

    Looks like you read only the headlines. :-) Whatatwit!

    > Who knows how it will eventually turn out, but if it causes the Anti-SCO
    > nay-sayers to shut up for a while it will be a welcome relief.

    You're just another scomanual thumper. Some folks just can't
    help but try to prop up the underdog.

  5. Re: So Long SCO Nay-Sayers, Happy To See You Leave

    "foolsrushout" <666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Bob Stockler wrote:
    > > Recent news indicates that SCO is not dead, or even on its death bed.
    > >
    > > As being a user, seller

    > Typical salesman who believes his own lies! Good thing
    > you don't sell used cars.
    >

    > > and supporter of SCO products since SCO Xenix,
    > > I've gotten tired of all the anti-SCO nay-sayers posting here.

    > The official birthdate of unix was Jan 1, 1970. SCO has
    > been one of its bastards.
    >

    > > Maybe the recent news about SCO will shut them up, maybe not. But it's
    > > good news for me.

    > Looks like you read only the headlines. :-) Whatatwit!
    >

    > > Who knows how it will eventually turn out, but if it causes the Anti-SCO
    > > nay-sayers to shut up for a while it will be a welcome relief.

    > You're just another scomanual thumper. Some folks just can't
    > help but try to prop up the underdog.

    The influx of $100M from some Saudi Arabian group to prop up SCO will have
    an effect. But, no one knows yet exactly how big of a hole they have put
    themselves in. They still have lots and lots of baggage (royalty payments,
    counter suits, a diminishing user base, and a diminishing work force) that
    has to be dealt with, and my guess has it that there is more to this
    cash-cow than meets the eye.
    Couple that with the possibility of two ethnically and religiously diverse
    business groups hopping in bed together, hmmmm, sounds like the basis for
    a real dispute over ownership could be brewing.

    I'll hold my judgement and opinions for a later date. But, as long as the
    SCO Group remains under the current management team, they'll be frowned upon
    and viewed as a company that wouldn't and couldn't participate in an
    industry unless they could totally control it.

    Just my 2 cents.

    JP

  6. Re: So Long SCO Nay-Sayers, Happy To See You Leave

    On Feb 15, 6:17 pm, Bob Stockler wrote:
    > Maybe the recent news about SCO will shut them up, maybe not. But it's
    > good news for me.

    Are you talking about the illusory $100M? The one Maureen O'Gara is so
    enamored with? You know, the big shiny white knight that is going to
    save SCOX from the evil communist terrorists?

    What part of "Everything SCOX touches is scam" did you miss?

    http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/SCOGBK-414.pdf

    quote:

    However, for that right to be exercised and for the assignment and
    delegation to occur, the exerciser / assignor / delegator must exist.
    Also, the proposed order (docket #346-4) would create an entitlement
    to compensation for this apparently non-existing entity.

    If no Delaware LLC by the name "Stephen Norris Capital Partners, LLC"
    existed on February 13, then please file, at least 25 days before the
    hearing, an amended MOU that has been executed by an accurately
    identified non-debtor party that is some existing legal person, e.g.,
    the Florida LLC (#L07000078273); the Delaware limited partnership
    (#4052355); some newly-formed Delaware LLC (for which a certificate of
    formation has been filed before the date of execution of the amended
    MOU); or some Stephen L. Norris (presumably the one admitted to the
    D.C. Bar on June 1, 1977) in his capacity as an individual.

+ Reply to Thread