Installing development kit on 5.0.6 - SCO

This is a discussion on Installing development kit on 5.0.6 - SCO ; I've freed up a 5.0.6 license, and want to put it on a virtual server as part of a migration plan. (Yay, VMWare Workstation 6.0.0 on RHEL 5, which works just fine with everything in IDE mode!) I've got the ...

  1. Installing development kit on 5.0.6

    I've freed up a 5.0.6 license, and want to put it on a virtual server
    as part of a migration plan. (Yay, VMWare Workstation 6.0.0 on RHEL 5,
    which works just fine with everything in IDE mode!)

    I've got the old developer's license, and have used it to install the
    developer toolkit from the CD in the original media pack. I also see
    some traces of compilers in /udk/usr/ccs/bin. But when I look at the
    remnants of an old development system, I see a compiler in /usr/bin/cc
    and /usr/ccs/bin/cc as well.

    Are those the same compiler, or am I missing something in the 5.0.6
    installation process? Because if I try using the open source gnutools
    package, it's not finding the necessary include files.

  2. Re: Installing development kit on 5.0.6

    On 15 Feb, 01:28, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    > I've freed up a 5.0.6 license, and want to put it on a virtual server
    > as part of a migration plan. (Yay, VMWare Workstation 6.0.0 on RHEL 5,
    > which works just fine with everything in IDE mode!)
    >
    > I've got the old developer's license, and have used it to install the
    > developer toolkit from the CD in the original media pack. I also see
    > some traces of compilers in /udk/usr/ccs/bin. But when I look at the
    > remnants of an old development system, I see a compiler in /usr/bin/cc
    > and /usr/ccs/bin/cc as well.
    >
    > Are those the same compiler, or am I missing something in the 5.0.6
    > installation process? Because if I try using the open source gnutools
    > package, it's not finding the necessary include files.

    This is resolved. The necessary development kits are buried on the
    first installation CD, which I had to go digging down into with the
    "custom" utility to find.

+ Reply to Thread