Wyse and SCO question F10 Key - SCO

This is a discussion on Wyse and SCO question F10 Key - SCO ; We have a Wyse terminal, connecting to Openserver 6, running Datamodes (accounting software). I have had the best success with using VT100 emulation on the Wyse terminal, and using VT100 for my terminal type in SCO in the .profile I ...

  1. Wyse and SCO question F10 Key

    We have a Wyse terminal, connecting to Openserver 6, running Datamodes
    (accounting software). I have had the best success with using VT100
    emulation on the Wyse terminal, and using VT100 for my terminal type
    in SCO in the .profile I hard set it to TERM=vt100. The Wyse50 and
    Wyse60 emulations caused garbage to be put up on the screen, and the
    highlighting, shading etc did not work. It all looks and works great
    with VT100 however;

    The F10 key doesn't seem to work right. It is supposed to let me
    pulldown a menu in Datamodes, but instead it just puts something like
    21~ on the screen or something.

    Is this something I can change without having to change the F10 key to
    something else in the software? Most people that are using this
    system are using Anzio and the F10 key works fine, but they have a few
    locations that still use Wyse terminals and a mixture of PCs and we
    wanted to be able to use the Wyse terminals, but without the F10 key
    working properly I don't know if we can.

    Any help greatly appreciated!

    Chris
    Unidos Inc
    cschmidt@unidos.com

  2. Re: Wyse and SCO question F10 Key

    On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Chris Schmidt wrote:

    > We have a Wyse terminal, connecting to Openserver 6, running Datamodes
    > (accounting software). I have had the best success with using VT100
    > emulation on the Wyse terminal, and using VT100 for my terminal type
    > in SCO in the .profile I hard set it to TERM=vt100. The Wyse50 and
    > Wyse60 emulations caused garbage to be put up on the screen, and the
    > highlighting, shading etc did not work. It all looks and works great
    > with VT100 however;
    >
    > The F10 key doesn't seem to work right. It is supposed to let me
    > pulldown a menu in Datamodes, but instead it just puts something like
    > 21~ on the screen or something.
    >
    > Is this something I can change without having to change the F10 key to
    > something else in the software? Most people that are using this
    > system are using Anzio and the F10 key works fine, but they have a few
    > locations that still use Wyse terminals and a mixture of PCs and we
    > wanted to be able to use the Wyse terminals, but without the F10 key
    > working properly I don't know if we can.

    I'm glad to hear that Anzio is popular, but that doesn't address your
    problem :-)

    Where people are running Anzio, what terminal type are they emulating?
    I'll bet it is not VT100.

    An actual VT100 or VT102 does not have 10 function keys. It has PF1
    through PF4, and F1 and up, some of which have other labels, and F1
    through F5 don't send things to the server, they do local operations. So
    there is no universality to key mapping.

    The terminal information database that your accounting app uses, which
    might be terminfo, termcap, a private termcap, or something proprietary,
    is what identifies what escape code sequence constitutes an F10 in a
    VT100. Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to make the database
    match the Wyse in this regard. That might mean changing the database, or
    it might mean configuring the Wyse.

    For what it's worth, my Wyse manual indicates that in VT mode, F10 will
    send out
    Esc [ 2 1 ~

    Regards,
    .....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
    company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
    fax: (US) 503-624-0760
    web: http://www.anzio.com