Complete backup SCO 5.02 - SCO

This is a discussion on Complete backup SCO 5.02 - SCO ; To all, I am running SCO 5.02 OpenServer Enterprise. I need to make a complete backup of the entire system and restore it to an identical server. All hardware is the same with the exception of the hard drives being ...

  1. Complete backup SCO 5.02

    To all, I am running SCO 5.02 OpenServer Enterprise. I need to make a
    complete backup of the entire system and restore it to an identical server.
    All hardware is the same with the exception of the hard drives being
    different models, but same size. I am running Informix on this server also.
    I went out and looked at Backupedge and Lone-Tar, but their current products
    do not support SCO 5.02. Could yuo assist in giving me information on how
    to accomplish this, or point me to a web site or another point of
    information to accomplish this.

    Thank you,

    Ron

  2. Re: Complete backup SCO 5.02

    Ron wrote:
    > To all, I am running SCO 5.02 OpenServer Enterprise. I need to make a
    > complete backup of the entire system and restore it to an identical server.
    > All hardware is the same with the exception of the hard drives being
    > different models, but same size. I am running Informix on this server also.
    > I went out and looked at Backupedge and Lone-Tar, but their current products
    > do not support SCO 5.02. Could yuo assist in giving me information on how
    > to accomplish this, or point me to a web site or another point of
    > information to accomplish this.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Ron

    Hi Ron.

    Near the bottom of Microlites initial download page you can follow links
    to the old 01.02.xx version that supported 5.0.2.

    They do note that it can not be installed as a demo - meaning you have
    to purchase it or use a license from that version that you already have.

    Call their support line at (724) 375 6711 for more info.

    SCO Authorized Partner
    Microlite BackupEdge Certified Reseller
    (209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
    E-mail: patubb@inreach.com

  3. Re: Complete backup SCO 5.02

    Ron typed (on Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 04:39:32PM -0600):
    | To all, I am running SCO 5.02 OpenServer Enterprise. I need to make a
    | complete backup of the entire system and restore it to an identical server.
    | All hardware is the same with the exception of the hard drives being
    | different models, but same size. I am running Informix on this server also.
    | I went out and looked at Backupedge and Lone-Tar, but their current products
    | do not support SCO 5.02. Could yuo assist in giving me information on how
    | to accomplish this, or point me to a web site or another point of
    | information to accomplish this.
    |
    | Thank you,
    |
    | Ron

    Actually, we can fix you up with a n/c eval for the older version.
    I can send you a tarball if you'd like, but keep in mind, it is
    old, especially in terms of the software industry. If things
    work the way you want, you can then purchase.

    Best Regards,
    Jeff Hyman, CEO
    .--.
    Lone Star Software Corp. | | | | .-. Home of World Famous LONE-TAR(tm)
    Cactus International, Inc. | |_| | | | Backup Software for UNIX and LINUX
    Sales: 800.525.8649 _ |___ |_| | 24x7 Support Available
    Support: 301.829.1622 _| ~- | ___| RESCUE-RANGER(tm) and AIR-BAG(tm)
    http://www.LONE-TAR.com \, _} | | Disaster Recovery Software
    | |

+ Reply to Thread