IBM X3400 sco openserver 6.0 - SCO

This is a discussion on IBM X3400 sco openserver 6.0 - SCO ; Hi everyone. I've a big problem with the server in object. I'm trying to install sco openserver 6.0 in this machine but i failed. I have an usb floppy diskette, and i have the btld that i take in the ...

  1. IBM X3400 sco openserver 6.0

    Hi everyone. I've a big problem with the server in object.
    I'm trying to install sco openserver 6.0 in this machine but i
    failed.
    I have an usb floppy diskette, and i have the btld that i take in the
    serverraid support cd. But the sco doesn't see the floppy and during
    the installation there is a message "incorrect disk partitioning
    information has been detected on hard disk:0"

    Thx ALL

  2. Re: IBM X3400 sco openserver 6.0

    On 23 Jan, 21:28, catello.demart...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi everyone. I've a big problem with the server in object.
    > I'm trying to install sco openserver 6.0 in this machine but i
    > failed.
    > I have an usb floppy diskette, and i have the btld that i take in the
    > serverraid support cd. But the sco doesn't see the floppy and during
    > the installation there is a message "incorrect disk partitioning
    > information has been detected on hard disk:0"
    >
    > Thx ALL

    As per the installation notes for this machine in the SCO CHWP at:

    http://wdb1.sco.com/chwp/owa/hch_mod...earch_corp_id=

    you need to attach the USB floppy device to machine before booting the
    system.

    John

  3. Re: IBM X3400 sco openserver 6.0

    On 24 Gen, 12:05, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
    > On 23 Jan, 21:28, catello.demart...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Hi everyone. I've a big problem with the server in object.
    > > I'm trying to install sco openserver 6.0 in this machine but i
    > > failed.
    > > I have an usb floppy diskette, and i have the btld that i take in the
    > > serverraid support cd. But the sco doesn't see the floppy and during
    > > the installation there is a message "incorrect disk partitioning
    > > information has been detected on hard disk:0"

    > > Thx ALL

    > As per the installation notes for this machine in the SCO CHWP at:
    >
    > http://wdb1.sco.com/chwp/owa/hch_mod...l_id=98788&f_r...
    >
    > you need to attach the USB floppy device to machine before booting the
    > system.
    >
    > John

    Thx for answer. but my problem persists.
    I've attached the usb floppy before i ask in the forum but sco does't
    see it. Is there a command line that i must wrote?

    Thx for all

    Cat

  4. Re: IBM X3400 sco openserver 6.0

    On 27 Jan, 16:29, catello.demart...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On 24 Gen, 12:05, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
    >

    > > On 23 Jan, 21:28, catello.demart...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > Hi everyone. I've a big problem with the server in object.
    > > > I'm trying to install sco openserver 6.0 in this machine but i
    > > > failed.
    > > > I have an usb floppy diskette, and i have the btld that i take in the
    > > > serverraid support cd. But the sco doesn't see the floppy and during
    > > > the installation there is a message "incorrect disk partitioning
    > > > information has been detected on hard disk:0"

    > > > Thx ALL

    > > As per the installation notes for this machine in the SCO CHWP at:

    > >http://wdb1.sco.com/chwp/owa/hch_mod...l_id=98788&f_r...

    > > you need to attach the USB floppy device to machine before booting the
    > > system.

    > > John

    > Thx for answer. but my problem persists.
    > I've attached the usb floppy before i ask in the forum but sco does't
    > see it. Is there a command line that i must wrote?

    Cat,

    You should firstly try:

    http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=126728

    and if this does not work, try a different USB floppy drive.

    John

  5. Re: IBM X3400 sco openserver 6.0

    On 28 Gen, 10:34, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
    > On 27 Jan, 16:29, catello.demart...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > As per the installation notes for this machine in theSCOCHWP at:

    > > >http://wdb1.sco.com/chwp/owa/hch_mod...l_id=98788&f_r...

    > > > you need to attach the USB floppy device to machine before booting the
    > > > system.

    > > > John

    > > Thx for answer. but my problem persists.
    > > I've attached the usb floppy before i ask in the forum butscodoes't
    > > see it. Is there a command line that i must wrote?

    > Cat,
    >
    > You should firstly try:
    >
    > http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=126728
    >
    > and if this does not work, try a different USB floppy drive.
    >
    > John- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
    >
    > - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

    Thx a lot John, you're the one.
    I'll go in NY february 15th. If you're near I offer you a beer.

    CAt

+ Reply to Thread