'top' for OSR6 - SCO

This is a discussion on 'top' for OSR6 - SCO ; Does anyone know where I can get hold of 'top' for OSR6 I've had a look about on the skunkware site, but can only find the OSR5 version (and it doesn't seem to work on 6.) Thanks, Keith...

  1. 'top' for OSR6

    Does anyone know where I can get hold of 'top' for OSR6

    I've had a look about on the skunkware site, but can only find the
    OSR5 version (and it doesn't seem to work on 6.)

    Thanks,

    Keith

  2. Re: 'top' for OSR6

    In adition to 'top' as well - does anyone know of any more tools that
    could be used to track down performance issues. When on OSR5 we used
    to use Tune-up but it isn't supported on OSR6.

    Thanks,

    Keith

  3. Re: 'top' for OSR6

    On Jan 23, 9:17 am, crym...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Does anyone know where I can get hold of 'top' for OSR6
    >
    > I've had a look about on the skunkware site, but can only find the
    > OSR5 version (and it doesn't seem to work on 6.)

    The UW7 version seems to work. Check the Unixware 7 section of the
    skunkware site.

  4. Re: 'top' for OSR6

    crymble@gmail.com typed (on Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 07:06:59AM -0800):
    | In adition to 'top' as well - does anyone know of any more tools that
    | could be used to track down performance issues. When on OSR5 we used
    | to use Tune-up but it isn't supported on OSR6.
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | Keith

    SARCHECK
    Don Winterhalter
    603-382-4200

    I haven't spoke to Don in ages. He was a regular at the old
    SCO Forums. If he's still around, it would be worth the call.

    - Jeff Hyman

  5. Re: 'top' for OSR6

    crymble@gmail.com typed (on Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 07:06:59AM -0800):
    | In adition to 'top' as well - does anyone know of any more tools that
    | could be used to track down performance issues. When on OSR5 we used
    | to use Tune-up but it isn't supported on OSR6.

    Play with 'rtpm'.

    --
    JP

  6. Re: 'top' for OSR6

    Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:

    > crymble@gmail.com typed (on Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 07:06:59AM -0800):
    > | In adition to 'top' as well - does anyone know of any more tools that
    > | could be used to track down performance issues. When on OSR5 we used
    > | to use Tune-up but it isn't supported on OSR6.
    > |

    > Play with 'rtpm'.

    rtpm looks interesting. Does anyone know if there is a port/version of
    this available for OS 5.0.x ?

    Cheers,

    Stuart.

  7. Re: 'top' for OSR6

    On 24 Jan, 11:29, Stuart Marshall wrote:
    > Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > > crym...@gmail.com typed (on Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 07:06:59AM -0800):
    > > | In adition to 'top' as well - does anyone know of any more tools that
    > > | could be used to track down performance issues. When on OSR5 we used
    > > | to use Tune-up but it isn't supported on OSR6.
    > > |
    > > Play with 'rtpm'.

    > rtpm looks interesting. Does anyone know if there is a port/version of
    > this available for OS 5.0.x ?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Stuart.

    Found rtpm and had a play - and will try the UW7 version of top to see
    hw that works.

    Thanks,

    P.S. The problem was actually traced to a problem on the RAID card -
    caching had been disabled on it due to an issue with the battery on
    the card.

  8. Re: 'top' for OSR6

    In article <47987779$0$90262$14726298@news.sunsite.dk> Stuart Marshall writes:
    $rtpm looks interesting. Does anyone know if there is a port/version of
    $this available for OS 5.0.x ?

    Not that I'm aware of, though this is certainly not a definitive
    answer. Like most other system monitoring programs that provide
    highly detailed information, it would be coded to rely very heavily on
    the kernel architecture. The OSR6 kernel is dramatically different
    than the OSR5 kernel, meaning that a port is very non-trivial. An
    OSR5 version might not have to be entirely written from scratch, but
    it would probably be closer to that than it would be to a port.

    I've been using u386mon on OSR5 for many years. It's not the be-all
    and end-all, but if you're not familiar with it, it might be worth
    checking it out as another tool to put in your OSR5 kit. I think it was
    released by SCO in a TLS many years ago; it's probably somewhere on
    their site and/or in Skunkware.
    --
    Stephen M. Dunn