Openserver 6 - Network drivers won't load? - SCO

This is a discussion on Openserver 6 - Network drivers won't load? - SCO ; I have just installed OSR6 on a new Dell - the basic operating system has about 8-10 network drivers to choose from, none of which will work. I added the latest nd package (nd.8.0.6f.image) using pkgadd - I also have ...

  1. Openserver 6 - Network drivers won't load?

    I have just installed OSR6 on a new Dell - the basic operating system
    has about 8-10 network drivers to choose from, none of which will
    work.

    I added the latest nd package (nd.8.0.6f.image) using pkgadd - I also
    have osr600mp3 loaded.

    pkginfo shows it's there.. but none of the listed drivers show up in
    netcfg

    Am I missing something? How to get these drivers to show up so I can
    configure the network card..

    Canie

  2. Re: Openserver 6 - Network drivers won't load?

    On Nov 9, 7:05 pm, ca...@basicso.com wrote:
    > I have just installed OSR6 on a new Dell - the basic operating system
    > has about 8-10 network drivers to choose from, none of which will
    > work.
    >
    > I added the latest nd package (nd.8.0.6f.image) using pkgadd - I also
    > have osr600mp3 loaded.
    >
    > pkginfo shows it's there.. but none of the listed drivers show up in
    > netcfg
    >
    > Am I missing something? How to get these drivers to show up so I can
    > configure the network card..
    >
    > Canie

    As a starting point read TA 126923. What is happening is that the
    network
    utility is reading all the PCI information in and trying to match up a
    board ID
    with a NIC driver for you. If none of the NIC drivers match the board
    IDs then
    all you get to see is ISA NIC drivers, ones that are not automatically
    discovered.
    So you are missing all the PCI drivers, and that is by design.

    You may be able to figure out what ID your NIC has using the technique
    in the TA, and see if it a close variant of one of the supplied
    drivers.

    Does the Dell web site or SCO's compatible HW pages list the unit
    as being supported?

    Mike

  3. Re: Openserver 6 - Network drivers won't load?

    Yes, it's a Broadcom 5751 which is listed in the drivers package here:
    http://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver6/6....6f.README.txt

    I also downloaded a specific driver from Broadcom

    I just ran the resmgr and the card comes back as 14E4167A - they do
    support a number of 14E4167x , but not the 4167A....

    I guess the onboard NIC doesn't work? I'll go get another card for
    it..

    Thanks much. Not having all the choices listed threw me - it used to
    list everything on version 5.x

    Canie

    > Does the Dell web site or SCO's compatible HW pages list the unit
    > as being supported?
    >
    > Mike

+ Reply to Thread