mutt error - SCO

This is a discussion on mutt error - SCO ; While executing mutt I am getting a random error: Error sending message, child exited 70 (Internal error). Mutt[13]:10786 Memory fault(core dump) Can anyone shed some light on this? The is a core file left behind. TIA, Jeff H...

  1. mutt error

    While executing mutt I am getting a random error:

    Error sending message, child exited 70 (Internal error).
    Mutt[13]:10786 Memory fault(core dump)

    Can anyone shed some light on this?
    The is a core file left behind.

    TIA,
    Jeff H

  2. Re: mutt error

    Jeff Hyman typed (on Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 01:33:20PM -0400):

    | While executing mutt I am getting a random error:
    |
    | Error sending message, child exited 70 (Internal error).
    | Mutt[13]:10786 Memory fault(core dump)
    |
    | Can anyone shed some light on this?
    | The is a core file left behind.
    |
    | TIA,
    | Jeff H

    Happening every time?

    What version of mutt -- maybe try a more recent one.

    --
    JP

  3. Re: mutt error

    On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:33:20 -0400, Jeff Hyman
    wrote:

    >While executing mutt I am getting a random error:
    >
    >Error sending message, child exited 70 (Internal error).
    >Mutt[13]:10786 Memory fault(core dump)
    >
    >Can anyone shed some light on this?
    >The is a core file left behind.
    >
    >TIA,
    >Jeff H

    I see this when the MTA (in my case, generally msmtp) tries to connect
    to a smart host and errors out, usually because of an authentication
    problem. Mutt, for some reason, can't handle the error return.

    --
    Richard Seeder

  4. Re: mutt error

    On 1 Nov, 14:02, Richard Seeder wrote:
    > On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:33:20 -0400, Jeff Hyman
    > wrote:
    >

    > >While executing mutt I am getting a random error:

    > >Error sending message, child exited 70 (Internal error).
    > >Mutt[13]:10786 Memory fault(core dump)

    > >Can anyone shed some light on this?
    > >The is a core file left behind.

    > >TIA,
    > >Jeff H

    > I see this when the MTA (in my case, generally msmtp) tries to connect
    > to a smart host and errors out, usually because of an authentication
    > problem. Mutt, for some reason, can't handle the error return.
    >
    > --
    > Richard Seeder

    I've seen this too when there are in general problems communicating
    with the remote smarthost or badhost. Things such as the following can
    cause it :

    1) Unix server isn't allowed to relay to the smarthost
    2) Unix server can't resolve the name / IP for the smarthost

    etc etc

    I hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread