sco open server no licenses after mother board replaced - SCO

This is a discussion on sco open server no licenses after mother board replaced - SCO ; SCO Open server 5.0.7 MP4 after Proliant ML370G3 mother board replaced, console boot says user login limit exceeded by 1 user and telnet login says user licenses exceeded. What happened to licenses and how do we get them back??...

  1. sco open server no licenses after mother board replaced

    SCO Open server 5.0.7 MP4 after Proliant ML370G3 mother board replaced,
    console boot says user login limit exceeded by 1 user and telnet login says
    user licenses exceeded.

    What happened to licenses and how do we get them back??

  2. Re: sco open server no licenses after mother board replaced

    Ron Kirschner wrote:
    > SCO Open server 5.0.7 MP4 after Proliant ML370G3 mother board replaced,
    > console boot says user login limit exceeded by 1 user and telnet login says
    > user licenses exceeded.
    >
    > What happened to licenses and how do we get them back??

    What is the hardware clock set to? Make sure that it is correct.
    If it defaulted to some time before the original installation of
    the OS, then you will get the results you describe.

    --
    Steve Fabac
    S.M. Fabac & Associates

  3. Re: sco open server no licenses after mother board replaced

    On Oct 29, 8:52 am, "Ron Kirschner" wrote:
    > SCO Open server 5.0.7 MP4 after Proliant ML370G3 mother board replaced,
    > console boot says user login limit exceeded by 1 user and telnet login says
    > user licenses exceeded.
    >
    > What happened to licenses and how do we get them back??

    As far as I know, mother board replacement should not effect the
    license info, please make sure the system date is correct, go into
    CMOS (F10) and set the date and time and try again.

    Abid

  4. Re: sco open server no licenses after mother board replaced

    Hardware clock looks OK, and in fact the freeze occurs after asking for
    time, and inputting it. Did another reboot, and went to single user mode.
    Checked licenses - they were OK. Then init 3 brought it up fine! I'll
    shutdown and reboot again tonight to see if problem is still there, although
    I had done a few reboots, and each had failed.

    "Steve M. Fabac, Jr." wrote in message
    > Ron Kirschner wrote:
    >> SCO Open server 5.0.7 MP4 after Proliant ML370G3 mother board replaced,
    >> console boot says user login limit exceeded by 1 user and telnet login
    >> says user licenses exceeded.
    >>
    >> What happened to licenses and how do we get them back??
    >>

    > What is the hardware clock set to? Make sure that it is correct.
    > If it defaulted to some time before the original installation of
    > the OS, then you will get the results you describe.
    >
    > --
    > Steve Fabac
    > S.M. Fabac & Associates
    > 816/765-1670