License Manager managed features - SCO

This is a discussion on License Manager managed features - SCO ; Is an application's use of UNIX Domain Sockets and/or pseudo terminals managed by the SCO 5.0.5 License Manager? I know TCP/IP utilities, such as telnet, rtelnet, ftp, etc, are licensed features, and that license is applied to the system. cj...

  1. License Manager managed features

    Is an application's use of UNIX Domain Sockets and/or pseudo terminals
    managed by the SCO 5.0.5 License Manager? I know TCP/IP utilities,
    such as telnet, rtelnet, ftp, etc, are licensed features, and that
    license is applied to the system.

    cj

  2. Re: License Manager managed features

    CJ wrote:
    > Is an application's use of UNIX Domain Sockets and/or pseudo terminals
    > managed by the SCO 5.0.5 License Manager? I know TCP/IP utilities,
    > such as telnet, rtelnet, ftp, etc, are licensed features, and that
    > license is applied to the system.
    >
    > cj

    This is covered by TA #107560 in the SCO knowledge base. FTP does not
    use
    a user license, telnet does because it calls login. Not sure what you
    mean by
    rtelnet, rlogin perhaps? The utility itself does not use a license, it
    does call
    login which uses a license.

    Mike

  3. Re: License Manager managed features

    On Oct 12, 1:37 pm, scoace wrote:
    > CJ wrote:
    > > Is an application's use of UNIX Domain Sockets and/or pseudo terminals
    > > managed by the SCO 5.0.5 License Manager? I know TCP/IP utilities,
    > > such as telnet, rtelnet, ftp, etc, are licensed features, and that
    > > license is applied to the system.

    > > cj

    > This is covered by TA #107560 in the SCO knowledge base. FTP does not
    > use
    > a user license, telnet does because it calls login. Not sure what you
    > mean by
    > rtelnet, rlogin perhaps? The utility itself does not use a license, it
    > does call
    > login which uses a license.
    >
    > Mike

    Thanks, Mike. I meant rlogin, not the annex rtelnet command, sorry.

  4. Re: License Manager managed features

    CJ wrote:
    > Is an application's use of UNIX Domain Sockets and/or pseudo terminals
    > managed by the SCO 5.0.5 License Manager? I know TCP/IP utilities,
    > such as telnet, rtelnet, ftp, etc, are licensed features, and that
    > license is applied to the system.
    >
    > cj

    This is covered by TA #107560 in the SCO knowledge base. FTP does not
    use
    a user license, telnet does because it calls login. Not sure what you
    mean by
    rtelnet, rlogin perhaps? The utility itself does not use a license, it
    does call
    login which uses a license.

    Mike

  5. Re: License Manager managed features

    On Oct 12, 1:37 pm, scoace wrote:
    > CJ wrote:
    > > Is an application's use of UNIX Domain Sockets and/or pseudo terminals
    > > managed by the SCO 5.0.5 License Manager? I know TCP/IP utilities,
    > > such as telnet, rtelnet, ftp, etc, are licensed features, and that
    > > license is applied to the system.

    > > cj

    > This is covered by TA #107560 in the SCO knowledge base. FTP does not
    > use
    > a user license, telnet does because it calls login. Not sure what you
    > mean by
    > rtelnet, rlogin perhaps? The utility itself does not use a license, it
    > does call
    > login which uses a license.
    >
    > Mike

    Thanks, Mike. I meant rlogin, not the annex rtelnet command, sorry.

+ Reply to Thread