SCO 6 linking error. - SCO

This is a discussion on SCO 6 linking error. - SCO ; Hello Friends, I'm facing a problem while compiling Alert Agent on SCO6 and need your help. There are two undefined symbols coming during the linking process: Undefined first referenced symbol in file _fs_unregister_ATTLC(int, int, const void *) ..obj/sco6.ansi/alertagent.o _fs_register_ATTLC(int, const ...

  1. SCO 6 linking error.

    Hello Friends,

    I'm facing a problem while compiling Alert Agent on SCO6 and need
    your help. There are two undefined symbols coming during the linking
    process:

    Undefined first referenced
    symbol in file
    _fs_unregister_ATTLC(int, int, const void *)
    ..obj/sco6.ansi/alertagent.o
    _fs_register_ATTLC(int, const char *, int, const char *, unsigned int,
    long, const void *) .obj/sco6.ansi/alertagent.o
    UX:ld: ERROR: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
    ../../bin/sco6.ansi/alertagent
    make: *** [alertagent] Error 1
    $

    There is no such direct call in the code but this call exists in the .i
    files. I'm not able to locate the desired library needed for this.

    The same code is getting compiled on SCO5 easily.

    Waiting for a prompt and positive response.

    Himanshu Prabhakar

  2. Re: SCO 6 linking error.

    Himanshu wrote:
    > Hello Friends,
    >
    > I'm facing a problem while compiling Alert Agent on SCO6 and need
    > your help. There are two undefined symbols coming during the linking
    > process:
    >
    > Undefined first referenced
    > symbol in file
    > _fs_unregister_ATTLC(int, int, const void *)
    > .obj/sco6.ansi/alertagent.o
    > _fs_register_ATTLC(int, const char *, int, const char *, unsigned int,
    > long, const void *) .obj/sco6.ansi/alertagent.o
    > UX:ld: ERROR: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
    > ./../bin/sco6.ansi/alertagent
    > make: *** [alertagent] Error 1
    > $
    >
    > There is no such direct call in the code but this call exists in the .i
    > files. I'm not able to locate the desired library needed for this.
    >
    > The same code is getting compiled on SCO5 easily.
    >
    > Waiting for a prompt and positive response.
    >
    > Himanshu Prabhakar

    You seem to have duplicate posted, instead of cross-posted.

    See my response on comp.unix.sco.misc.

    Jonathan Schilling

+ Reply to Thread