I have been working through the npasswd error messages when
compiling on 5.0.6 with GNU Development Tools (ver 5.0.7Kj).

The following error has me stumped. This appears to be in the
section of code where npasswd intends to maintain a password
history file and expects the dbm_open, dbm_store, and dbm_close
variables to be defined in the libc.so for the system.

gcc -o npasswd version.o main.o configure.o passwd.o chfn.o chsh.o Methods/lit
Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
dbm_open libmethod.a(pwm_local.o)
dbm_store libmethod.a(pwm_local.o)
dbm_close libmethod.a(pwm_local.o)
ERROR: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to npasswd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [npasswd] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/app2/cd/npasswd/npasswd-2.05/src'
Making all in dict...

If make fails, I am at a loss to resolve the issues. Help... Anyone?
--

Steve Fabac
S.M. Fabac & Associates