Question related to TimedWait - SCO

This is a discussion on Question related to TimedWait - SCO ; I'm trying to implement an implement a thread that does following a function: - Waits on a local sempaphore until it is signalled - or Specified timeout elapses. NetWare and Windows has this kind of call eg: TimedWaitOnLocalSemaphore() for Novell ...

  1. Question related to TimedWait

    I'm trying to implement an implement a thread that does following a
    function:
    - Waits on a local sempaphore until it is signalled
    - or Specified timeout elapses.

    NetWare and Windows has this kind of call
    eg: TimedWaitOnLocalSemaphore() for Novell NetWare.

    trying to find a UnixWare/Openserver6 equivalent for this call. I can
    put some timeout code in the thread. If possible I would prefer a
    direct call. couldn't find any references for this in sco
    documentation.

    I'm new to sco-unix.. please help..

    Thanks in advance,
    - Steve

  2. Re: Question related to TimedWait

    kernelbeginner@gmail.com wrote:
    > I'm trying to implement an implement a thread that does following a
    > function:
    > - Waits on a local sempaphore until it is signalled
    > - or Specified timeout elapses.
    >
    > NetWare and Windows has this kind of call
    > eg: TimedWaitOnLocalSemaphore() for Novell NetWare.
    >
    > trying to find a UnixWare/Openserver6 equivalent for this call. I can
    > put some timeout code in the thread. If possible I would prefer a
    > direct call. couldn't find any references for this in sco
    > documentation.

    cond_timedwait() may be what you are looking for.
    See
    http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/man/html....it.3synch.html.

    For a general introduction to Unix threads, see
    http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/SDK_sysprog/ProgThdsLib.html.

    Jonathan Schilling

+ Reply to Thread