EPOC FTP Server - Scion

This is a discussion on EPOC FTP Server - Scion ; Hello everyone, I'm trying to get Victor Kviat's FTP server working on my Osaris. The documentation says it's compatible with ER3-5, so there should be no issues there. Screen handling looks fine. Unfortunately, whenever I try to connect to the ...

  1. EPOC FTP Server

    Hello everyone,

    I'm trying to get Victor Kviat's FTP server working on my Osaris. The
    documentation says it's compatible with ER3-5, so there should be no
    issues there. Screen handling looks fine. Unfortunately, whenever I
    try to connect to the machine from the PC I get the error message "ftp:
    connect: Connection refused".

    There should be no firewall issues; the Psion cable PPP link is
    completely open. I am connected: I can ping the Osaris and I can use
    Web on the Osaris to browse web pages stored on the PC. I just can't
    open an FTP connection. Are there any other issues I should look into?
    Has anyone else got this software to work?

    --
    Damian Walker
    The World at Strife - newly released - psion.snigfarp.karoo.net

  2. Re: EPOC FTP Server

    > I'm trying to get Victor Kviat's FTP server working on my Osaris
    > *Has anyone else got this software to work?

    I've used the ftp server successfully on my Series 7 / 7book.
    I have a vague memory of having to use something outside the ftp server,
    rather than its own 'Dial' command, to establish the network connection.

    ...Can you try establishing a net connection using, say, email or web, and
    then trying the server?

    Simon.

  3. Re: EPOC FTP Server

    Simon Pooley wrote:

    > ...Can you try establishing a net connection using, say, email or web, and
    > then trying the server?

    I got a successful connection going with Web, and still ftp failed to
    connect. But I've managed to get in touch with the author of the FTP
    server since then. The server is based on, I think, 2connectU, which I
    know works only with ER5. So the Osaris, which runs ER4, won't
    entertain it.

    So I'm still trying to find a way to connect my Osaris to my Linux box
    over TCP/IP. I can download files to it using Web, as long as the file
    is available on an http server (including my own at home), but when
    uploading files from the Osaris to Linux I still have to transfer via
    infrared to a second EPOC machine first. I don't want to use Linux
    PsiWin replacements, as the Linux box is configured to run PPP on the
    appropriate serial port and it will be a pain to have to keep starting
    and stopping that, especially as all the other EPOC machines work fine
    with nFTP.

    So, after trying nFTP, RMRFTP, 2connectU and the FTP server, are there
    any other TCP/IP based file transfer tools that run under ER3-4 and
    support the Osaris screen?

    --
    Damian Walker
    The World at Strife - newly released - psion.snigfarp.karoo.net

+ Reply to Thread